Thanks again.Identification Algorithm for Parameter-Varying System?

In summary, the conversation is about identifying parameters for a time-varying engineering system. The person asking for help has a model with 8 parameters that each contain three parameters, resulting in a total of 24 parameters to be identified. They have tried various algorithms but have not been successful. They are looking for advice on how to approach this problem.
FaroukSchw
Hello everybody
I started recently working on an engineering problem that requires as a first step, the identification of the system.
I already have a model which is a set of differential and algerbraic equations. Unfortunatelly, the system is a parameter varying one, and the aime is to identify these parameters. Taking in consideration that i have input and output measurements, and about 20 parameter to identify.
Does anyone have an idea about an identification algorithm that can be used for such problem?

Regards.

Engineering news on Phys.org
It really doesn't make much sense to estimate the parameters of a time-varying system, unless you have the model for the time dependence of the parameters as well (periodicity, explicit functional form?) or you have some specific real-time application that I can't think off right now. Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if you'd share your models and tell us what you're trying to do

Hi elibj123

Thanks for taking time and responding to my thread.

In fact, i do have the expressions of the parameters, but since the model has 8 parameters, each parameter's expression contains three parameters, so 8*3=24 paameter to be identified.

The sensitivity of the model to the parameters varries from one parameter to an other.

I tried some algorithms such as different versions of the least squares, Gradient algo, Newton-Raphson, but they don't work!

Unfortunatelly, i can't share the model, because i don't have the right to, at least for the time beying.:frown:

I will be verry glad if you can provide some advices.

Related to Thanks again.Identification Algorithm for Parameter-Varying System?

What is an Identification Algorithm?

An Identification Algorithm is a set of mathematical instructions used to identify patterns or objects from a given set of data.

How does an Identification Algorithm work?

An Identification Algorithm typically involves a series of steps that involve data preprocessing, feature extraction, and classification. It uses statistical or machine learning techniques to analyze the data and make predictions about the identity of the pattern or object.

What are some common applications of Identification Algorithms?

Identification Algorithms have a wide range of applications, including face recognition, speech recognition, handwriting recognition, fraud detection, and medical diagnosis.

What are the limitations of Identification Algorithms?

Identification Algorithms can only make predictions based on the data they are given and may not always be accurate. They are also vulnerable to errors and biases in the data, and may not be able to handle complex or unknown patterns.

How can one improve the performance of an Identification Algorithm?

To improve the performance of an Identification Algorithm, one can use more reliable and diverse data, optimize the algorithm's parameters, and use multiple algorithms together to complement each other's strengths and weaknesses.