Study abroad, where should i go?

In summary, the student from Denmark is looking to spend one year studying abroad in England. They study physics, specifically solid state physics, quantum mechanics, and semiconductor physics, and plan to begin studies in electronic and optoelectronic applications next year. They are seeking recommendations for universities in England that offer programs in those fields, but are also open to suggestions outside of England. They mentioned that they already speak English and would prefer to study in an English-speaking country. Some suggestions given were the engineering faculty at Bristol, Uppsala in Sweden, and Université Joseph Fourier in Grenoble I, France. However, language may be a barrier for the French university.
Repetit
Hey!

I am a student from Denmark who would like to spend one year studying abroad. I study physics, primarily the fields of solid state physics, quantum mechanics and semiconductor physics. I will be begin studies in electronic and optoelectronic applications next year as well.

I would like to go to a university in England, and my question is where should I go? Which university do I choose if I want to do studies in the fields I mentioned above?

If you know of a university outside of England I'd like to know about that as well. The primary reason for going to England is that I already speak english.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Bristol have a very forward thinking electronics group (in the Engineering faculty).

Uppsala in Sweden is good hehe

You can try Université Joseph Fourier In Grenoble I in France, very good university, I'm applying over their to go for my master-2 degree.
The downside is obviously the language, so if you know french , check the site: http://www.ujf-grenoble.fr/

Related to Study abroad, where should i go?

1. What are the benefits of studying abroad?

Studying abroad offers numerous benefits, such as immersing yourself in a new culture, expanding your global perspective, improving language skills, and gaining independence and self-confidence. It also looks impressive on your resume and can enhance your professional opportunities.

2. How do I choose the right study abroad program?

There are several factors to consider when choosing a study abroad program, including the location, duration, cost, language requirements, and academic offerings. It's essential to research and compare different programs to find the one that best fits your academic and personal goals.

3. What are some popular destinations for studying abroad?

Some of the most popular destinations for studying abroad include countries like the United Kingdom, Australia, Spain, Italy, and France. However, it ultimately depends on your interests and academic focus. Consider factors like culture, language, and cost when deciding on a destination.

4. How can I finance my study abroad experience?

Studying abroad can be expensive, but there are various ways to finance your experience. Scholarships and grants specifically for study abroad, financial aid, and student loans are some options. It's also a good idea to budget and save money before your trip and consider part-time work opportunities while abroad.

5. How can I make the most out of my study abroad experience?

To make the most out of your study abroad experience, it's essential to immerse yourself in the local culture, participate in cultural activities and events, make connections with locals, and try new things. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and fully embrace the experience. It's also helpful to keep an open mind and be flexible as things may not always go as planned.