Star Wars + Legos = Yes Im a big Dork .whatever. I still think this is COOL.

In summary, the collaboration between Star Wars and Legos began in 1999 when Lego Group secured a licensing deal with Lucasfilm. Star Wars-themed Legos are designed to replicate scenes and vehicles from the franchise and have over 700 sets as of 2021. They are extremely popular among fans and collectors, with the most expensive set being the Ultimate Collector's Edition Millennium Falcon priced at $500.
Cyrus
Star Wars + Legos = Yes I am a big Dork...whatever. I still think this is COOL.

Sweeeeet. That's freakin awesome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23575410@N05/

That kid must have spend a few grand on that. Legos are $$$ expensive.

Physics news on Phys.org

It's ok, we have no life either

I was esepecially impressed with the interior of the hoth base and the interior of the AT-AT's. It is one thing to make the outside look good, it's another to make the inside awesome as well.

Related to Star Wars + Legos = Yes Im a big Dork .whatever. I still think this is COOL.

1. How did the collaboration between Star Wars and Legos come about?

The partnership between Star Wars and Legos began in 1999 when Lego Group released its first Star Wars-themed sets after securing a licensing deal with Lucasfilm. The two brands have continued to collaborate and release new sets based on the Star Wars franchise since then.

2. What makes Star Wars-themed Legos different from regular Legos?

Star Wars-themed Legos are designed specifically to replicate scenes and vehicles from the Star Wars universe. They often include unique minifigures of popular characters and have more intricate details and designs compared to regular Legos.

3. How many Star Wars-themed Lego sets are there?

As of 2021, there are over 700 Star Wars-themed Lego sets, including sets based on the original trilogy, prequel trilogy, sequel trilogy, and standalone films. There are also sets based on the animated series, The Clone Wars and Rebels.

4. Are Star Wars-themed Legos popular among fans and collectors?

Yes, Star Wars-themed Legos are extremely popular among fans and collectors. They offer a way for fans to bring their favorite scenes and characters to life and are often sought after by collectors due to their limited edition releases and high resale value.

5. What is the most expensive Star Wars-themed Lego set?

The most expensive Star Wars-themed Lego set is the Ultimate Collector's Edition Millennium Falcon, released in 2007 and priced at $500. It contains over 5,000 pieces and is considered a rare and valuable collectible among Lego and Star Wars fans.