Star Trek: Picard -- anyone seen it yet?

In summary, Star Trek: Picard is a new series that introduces us to the character of Picard and his journey to find new allies and combat the Borg. Jeri Ryan will reprise her role from TNG as 7-of-9. The series takes place after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis and features a battle between Borg nanoprobes and the normal human aging process.
Well, I guess this was a "pilot" series so it had to get all wrapped up at the end. Be interesting if any more follow now. The first of any series is usualy not great, i normally ignore them and start watching from season 2 when everyone is settled in and comfortable in their roles.

Likes hmmm27
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I think it was more of a tribute than a serious attempt. It was OK, but I do not feel like it would require further episodes or a new plot.

Shoulda called it On Golden Deflector Dish.

If it was a full 20+ episode run, I'd have an opinion : as it stands, some stuff looks good, some I'm going to charitably say "teething pains": felt like the writers were cut'n'pasting stuff that market research told them a modern audience wants, plus the odd flash of contempt for same, instead of actually writing. But, then again, there's been the odd SF novel from writers I adore which, at first read, I hated.

It's at least as watchable as the Star Trek 90210 movies. Or, STD, which far-left premises and exposition are eyeroll-worthy, while some of the added canon is well crafted.