Sound hyphosis. The engeneering part of it.

In summary: There are many different ways to do it, some more effective than others, but I am not convinced that it is a hypnosis technique that can be used to make someone do something they otherwise wouldn't.
cavemen
(third guy using cavemen username)
Well. I know it aint physics. I am looking at the physics part of it.
I heared something about modulating words into background noises or ultrasound in such manner that the subconscience hears them but conscience doesn't interpret them into words.
Claimed to be used for hypnosis.

Mythbusters tried it. :)

At this point I have my hands on a lot of recording software, microphones and stuff like that at work.

DID YOU HEAR anything about such devices?
Do you know a method that is proven to work to some degree?

I am thinking of what to modulate sound into.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Try Googling 'subliminal messages'. Here's a start...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_message"
By the way, such messages were outlawed for use in advertisements.

Last edited by a moderator:
aint doing this in advertisement
thanks for giving me a keyword to look for

Found no scientific descriptions of how those systems actually work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too convinced by the traditional view of 'subliminal messages'.

It is true that you can work suggestions and manipulate surroundings to have a limited control over poeple.

For example, When other people listen to the radio and a song is on, I won't be listening to it and wouldn't be able to tell you what was playing if you asked me, but minutes to hours later that day I will start humming the song without realising it. I won't even realize why I have the song in my head.

It's that sort of thing that works with people, this backwards speech or ultra sound I am not convinced works.

Related to Sound hyphosis. The engeneering part of it.

1. What is sound hyphosis and how does it work?

Sound hyphosis is a technique used to induce a state of deep relaxation or trance through the use of sound. This is done by playing repetitive, soothing sounds or tones that create a sense of calmness and focus, allowing the brain to enter a relaxed state.

2. What is the engineering behind sound hyphosis?

The engineering behind sound hyphosis involves the use of specific sound frequencies and patterns to influence brainwaves and induce a state of relaxation. This can be achieved through the use of binaural beats, isochronic tones, or other sound technologies that are designed to stimulate the brain in a specific way.

3. Can sound hyphosis be used for therapeutic purposes?

Yes, sound hyphosis has been used for therapeutic purposes to help manage stress, anxiety, and even chronic pain. It can also be used to improve focus and concentration, as well as promote a sense of overall well-being.

4. Are there any potential risks or side effects of using sound hyphosis?

Sound hyphosis is generally safe and has no known side effects. However, it is not recommended for individuals with a history of seizures, epilepsy, or other neurological conditions. It is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any new relaxation technique.

5. Can anyone use sound hyphosis, or are there certain qualifications?

Sound hyphosis can be used by anyone, but it may not be effective for everyone. It requires the individual to have an open mind and be willing to relax and let go of any distractions. It is also important to use sound hyphosis in a safe and controlled environment.