Something missing in the upgrade

• Thread starter Hurkyl
  • Start date
In summary, the emoticons still aren't smiley enough. The devil smiley is still missing. We're missing a sarcastic smiley, a tongue smiley, and the 'Ah' smilie. The signature tease is still happening.
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
There still isn't a drumset smiley. :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
Ahhhhw! Here, you can use this one:
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/musik/music-smiley-009.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! Thanks Monique!

Well, you've given me two of my favorite smilies; the roll-eyes and the sticking out tongue one! I always had to improvise on those ("cute" for rolleyes, and "silly" for tongue) We seem to be missing the "cry" smiley now, though...

Last edited:
We're missing the devil smiley.

Aaah, how could I forget that one!

Hurkyl said:
Aaah, how could I forget that one!

Because you're not eeeeevil enough?

Why do I have an urge for a Diet Coke?

Drumset smileys.. diet coke.. :confused:

You ever see Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery?

I only saw the one with the Dutch evil guy.. :confused:

In the first Austin Powers, there was a scene where Dr. Evil went on and on about how his (non-clone) son was inadequate as an evildoer. One of his insults was:

"You are the Diet Coke of eeeevil... just one calorie, not evil enough!"

You should see the first one; IMHO it was the only good one of the three.

I knéw I was missing something :rolleyes: :-p

We are missing a sarcastic smiley! :eek:
The tongue smiley :-p is too cute, we need a sarcastic tongue smiley also :redface:

Monique said:
We are missing a sarcastic smiley! :eek:
The tongue smiley :-p is too cute, we need a sarcastic tongue smiley also :redface:
Yes! I feel emotionally inadequate now. No "crying" no "devil" no "sarcastic". Greg, PLEASE give us back our emoticons!

We're also missing the 'Ah' smilie - the white one that went back and forth from :) to :O. I miss him. Although I used him more as a 'WOW!' smilie... I also like the goofy-faced tongue smilie better than the cute one we have now - although I do like it, too. Can we have both? :smile: I think I also miss the 'cute' smilie. She was - well, CUTE! :biggrin: And absolutely we need the devil smilie back. REALLY BAD!

Question: Why do our sigs show up in 'preview post' but not the post itself? That's just mean and rude! Signature Tease! :mad: :biggrin:

edit: OMG! YES! The 'crying' smilie! We want him back!

Last edited:
I dunno, Monique sure makes the rolleyes smiley look cute. :smile:

It's probably meant to humble us all (which isn't a bad idea), but I miss the member# and what wavelength I am. I was hoping to make gamma one day! :frown:

I should add, I love the new format. Very nicely done.

Last edited:

Related to Something missing in the upgrade

1. What could be causing something to be missing in the upgrade?

There are a few possible explanations for something being missing in the upgrade. It could be due to a software glitch or bug, a compatibility issue, or an error during the upgrade process. It could also be caused by user error or accidentally deleting files during the upgrade.

2. How can I troubleshoot the missing item in the upgrade?

To troubleshoot the missing item in the upgrade, you can try restarting your device, checking for software updates, or reinstalling the upgrade. You can also look for any error messages or logs that may provide insight into the issue. If all else fails, contacting technical support for assistance may be necessary.

3. Is there a way to recover the missing item after the upgrade?

If the missing item was accidentally deleted during the upgrade, there may be a way to recover it. You can try using a data recovery tool or restoring from a backup if one was created before the upgrade. However, if the missing item was caused by a software glitch or error, recovering it may not be possible.

4. Will the missing item affect the functionality of the upgraded system?

It depends on what the missing item is and how integral it is to the system's functioning. If it is a minor component or feature, the system may still function without it. However, if it is a critical component, the system may experience glitches or not function properly. It is always best to address any missing items to ensure the system is functioning optimally.

5. How can I prevent something from going missing in future upgrades?

To prevent something from going missing in future upgrades, it is important to follow the recommended upgrade process and make sure all files and data are backed up before starting. It is also helpful to research the upgrade beforehand and make sure all necessary preparations are made. Additionally, keeping your device and software up to date can help prevent compatibility issues during the upgrade process.