SciFi movie(s) body count, who's the biggest killer(s)?

In summary, in the Halo universe, all sentient life is destroyed, and in the Futurama universe, a missile is used to destroy all copies of Earth in all parallel universes.
Noisy Rhysling
Star Wars has destroyed six planets full of people, and the city of Jedah. Anyone with a higher body count?

Likes AidenFlamel
Physics news on Phys.org
IIRC, somewhere in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy, they destroy every copy of the Earth in all parallel universes, which would be an infinite death toll :wink:

Likes AidenFlamel and Borg
DrClaude said:
IIRC, somewhere in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy, they destroy every copy of the Earth in all parallel universes, which would be an infinite death toll :wink:

You're correct... well then. You put an end to this thread very quickly!

I guess we are seeking death counts of finite order only...

-Dave K

Likes AidenFlamel
I did say "movies" somewhere along there, but the other information is interesting.

Noisy Rhysling said:
I did say "movies" somewhere along there, but the other information is interesting.

True, you did. There was a Hitchhiker's guide movie, but I don't think it included this information.

dkotschessaa said:
True, you did. There was a Hitchhiker's guide movie, but I don't think it included this information.
Not that I'm aware of. I have a copy of the movie here.

Ah, movies, right.

It would surprise me if there is no movie where the whole universe is destroyed.

Not true in K-PAX the advice given had to do with the universe unfolding again.

Prot: I want to tell you something Mark, something you do not yet know, that we K-PAXians have been around long enough to have discovered. The universe will expand, then it will collapse back on itself, then will expand again. It will repeat this process forever. What you don't you know is that when the universe expands again, everything will be as it is now. Whatever mistakes you make this time around, you will live through on your next pass. Every mistake you make, you will live through again, & again, forever. So my advice to you is to get it right this time around. Because this time is all you have.

But the universe wasn't destroyed in that movie, right?

mfb said:
Ah, movies, right.

It would surprise me if there is no movie where the whole universe is destroyed.

Again, not a movie, but this appears to happen in Dr. Who every so often. Or most of it gets destroyed, then saved again by the doctahhh.

mfb said:
In the Halo universe, all sentient life in the galaxy is destroyed, and it was very common in this universe.

Similar to the "Mass Effect" trilogy, in which the threat is that the Reapers periodically emerge to destroy all sentient life in the Galaxy. They themselves live outside the Galaxy, dormant until life has advanced too far for their liking: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper

Not a movie, a TV show. Lexx, they destroyed countless planets and civilizations and also the Light Universe.

Likes Rubidium_71
Not a movie, yes.

Well, after they killed his wife, one Douwd destroyed the Husnock... all of them... everywhere — over 50 billion.
Noisy Rhysling said:
Not a movie...
No, sorry about that... the 51st episode of TNG.

In doctor who series, it's stated that the army once eradicate the enitre galaxy/galaxy cluster(?) I don't remember. Consisting of 50 billion trillion sentient life, in order to make the cybermen go extinct. They are still not extinct tho lmao

Related to SciFi movie(s) body count, who's the biggest killer(s)?

What is a "SciFi movie(s) body count"?

A "SciFi movie(s) body count" refers to the total number of on-screen deaths in science fiction films. This includes deaths caused by aliens, robots, monsters, or any other fantastical beings or technologies.

How is the body count determined in a SciFi movie?

The body count in a SciFi movie is typically determined by the number of characters or creatures that are killed on-screen. This does not include implied deaths or deaths that occur off-screen.

Who is considered the biggest killer in SciFi movies?

The biggest killer in SciFi movies can vary depending on the specific film or franchise. However, some of the most notorious killers in the genre include the Xenomorph from the Alien franchise, the Terminator from the Terminator series, and the Daleks from Doctor Who.

Are there any notable trends in SciFi movie body counts?

One trend that is often seen in SciFi movies is a high body count among human characters, often due to alien or technological threats. Another trend is the use of body count as a measure of a character's strength or power, with the protagonist often having a higher body count than the antagonist.

How does the body count in SciFi movies compare to other film genres?

SciFi movies tend to have a higher body count than other film genres, such as dramas or comedies. This is due to the nature of the genre, which often includes violent and fantastical elements. However, the body count can vary greatly between individual films, regardless of genre.