Sci.physics.* - What's with the flurry of posts from those groups?

• Thread starter neutrino
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of an influx of posts from various groups, causing confusion and frustration for the speaker. They mention the possibility of filtering out usenet group posts and the ability to delete one's own post. However, another person points out that these solutions do not solve the problem of excess posts. The conversation ends with someone admitting to making a mistake and apologizing for it.
neutrino
What's with the flurry of posts from those groups? Usually, it's only 5 or 6 pages that I've to go through in the morning, but today it's 11, with most of PF posts buried within the other posts. Is there a way that I could filter the usenet groups posts out?

Physics news on Phys.org
In less than half an hour, a couple of pages of unread PF posts has grown to 20! And a page chosen at random displays many instances of the same usenet threads.

I'm sorry to be whining about this right now, with PF admins already facing problems with the "database error," but this is really bugging me.

Y'know, you CAN delete your own post.

Zz.

Ah, yes. Thanks, Zz. It's really confusing sometimes, when some forums don't allow you to delete posts, and some allowing until another reply is posted.

ZapperZ said:
Y'know, you CAN delete your own post.

Zz.
How does this solve the problem? It won't make all the extraneous posts go away...

DaveC426913 said:
How does this solve the problem? It won't make all the extraneous posts go away...
I think you're a bit late on the scene. I had triple-posted my second post, with another post apologising for making a mess. :biggrin:

neutrino said:
I think you're a bit late on the scene. I had triple-posted my second post, with another post apologising for making a mess. :biggrin:
Ah.
10char

Related to Sci.physics.* - What's with the flurry of posts from those groups?

1. Why are there so many posts in the sci.physics.* groups?

The sci.physics.* groups are dedicated to discussions about physics and related topics. As physics is a vast and constantly evolving field, there is always a lot of new information, research, and discussions to share and learn from. This leads to a high volume of posts in these groups.

2. Are all the posts in the sci.physics.* groups accurate?

As with any online forum or discussion group, the posts in the sci.physics.* groups are created and shared by a diverse group of individuals. While many posts may be accurate and informative, it is important to critically evaluate the information and sources provided in each post.

3. Can anyone post in the sci.physics.* groups?

Yes, these groups are open to anyone who is interested in discussing physics and related topics. However, it is important to follow the group's guidelines and rules to ensure respectful and productive discussions.

4. How can I participate in the discussions in the sci.physics.* groups?

If you have questions, comments, or insights about physics, you can join the discussions in the sci.physics.* groups by posting your thoughts or responding to others' posts. Make sure to read the group's guidelines and rules before participating and always be respectful and open-minded in your interactions.

5. Can I find reliable information in the sci.physics.* groups?

While the sci.physics.* groups are not a reliable source of information on their own, they can be a great place to find resources and references on various physics topics. Many members of these groups are knowledgeable and can provide valuable insights and sources for further reading and research. However, it is always important to verify the information and sources yourself before considering them as reliable.