Scholarships for US undergraduates with disabilities

• Other
  • Thread starter Gimblestitch
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scholarships
In summary, the individual is a quadriplegic and mute due to advanced Lou Gehrig's disease and is seeking suggestions for studying at the Open University in the United Kingdom despite financial constraints. They are interested in pursuing a science education and have searched for scholarships for students with disabilities. They are also interested in Physics, Math, or Engineering.
Gimblestitch
Greetings,

Before you say, “Google it”, let me tell you about my situation:

I have advanced Lou Gehrig's disease, Motor Neuron Disease.

I'm both quadriplegic and mute, using a computer that tracks my gaze.

I wish to study at the Open University in the United Kingdom. I have no money though, being spent on medical supplies, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks,

Gimblestich, USA

Physics news on Phys.org
Generally, the best scholarships for US students are for schools in their home state.

Likes berkeman

Related to Scholarships for US undergraduates with disabilities

1. What are scholarships for US undergraduates with disabilities?

Scholarships for US undergraduates with disabilities are financial aid opportunities specifically designed for students with physical, mental, or learning disabilities. These scholarships aim to support students with disabilities in pursuing higher education and achieving their academic and career goals.

2. Who is eligible for scholarships for US undergraduates with disabilities?

The eligibility criteria for scholarships for US undergraduates with disabilities vary depending on the scholarship provider. However, in general, students must be enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited US college or university, have a documented disability, and meet certain academic requirements.

3. How can I apply for scholarships for US undergraduates with disabilities?

To apply for scholarships for US undergraduates with disabilities, students can start by researching and identifying potential scholarship opportunities. They can then check the eligibility criteria and application requirements for each scholarship and submit their application by the deadline. It is important to carefully follow the instructions and provide all required documents and information.

4. What types of scholarships are available for US undergraduates with disabilities?

There are various types of scholarships available for US undergraduates with disabilities, including merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, and scholarships based on specific disabilities or fields of study. Some scholarships may also cover other expenses such as books, housing, and transportation.

5. Are there any resources available to help me find scholarships for US undergraduates with disabilities?

Yes, there are several resources available to help students find scholarships for US undergraduates with disabilities. These include the financial aid office at their college or university, disability advocacy organizations, and online databases and search engines specifically for scholarships for students with disabilities.