RSS Error: MagpieRSS & Postbit Issues

• Bug
  • Thread starter JaredJames
  • Start date
In summary, the user is experiencing a recurring error while trying to post on the Physics Forums website. The error is related to a failed RSS fetch and is causing issues with cookies and page loading speed. The user has reported that the frequency of the error has decreased after some tweaks were made, but it is still occurring every few hours.
JaredJames
I know this issue was brought up in the other thread, but it's become significantly worse over the last few days and now it's happening every time I try to post.

The error (above the PF title):
Code:
Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to fetch [PLAIN]https://www.physicsforums.com/magpierss/cache/physorg111.xml.cache[/PLAIN]  (HTTP ) in [path]/magpierss/rss_fetch.inc on line 238

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 17

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 18

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 25

The error (in the page itself):
Code:
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/physicsf/public_html/includes/class_core.php
Line: 3242

Basically, every post I make now produces this error.

I know it doesn't stop my post being registered to the site, but it's annoying that it keeps appearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have tweaked how often the RSS task runs. Let me know if your experience changes.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I have tweaked how often the RSS task runs. Let me know if your experience changes.

It just happened as I tried to enter this thread.

Somewhat unrelated: I'm also going to throw in that I have a 10mb cable line (1mb downstream) and every other site is amazingly quick at loading, but for some reason PF is slow. It takes on average 30 seconds to load a page (it stays on a blank white screen for ages).

I'm now only getting the following error, the Magpie RSS bit has gone.

Code:
Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 17

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 18

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 25

There is no error shown within the page itself anymore.

jarednjames said:
I'm now only getting the following error, the Magpie RSS bit has gone.

Code:

There is no error shown within the page itself anymore.

as often?

Greg Bernhardt said:
as often?

Once every few hours at most. It's got a lot better.

Related to RSS Error: MagpieRSS & Postbit Issues

1. What is MagpieRSS?

MagpieRSS is a PHP-based RSS parser that is used to retrieve and parse RSS feeds from websites.

2. What causes RSS Error: MagpieRSS & Postbit Issues?

This error is typically caused by outdated or incompatible versions of MagpieRSS or Postbit, or incorrect configurations in the code.

3. How can I fix RSS Error: MagpieRSS & Postbit Issues?

The best way to fix this error is to ensure that you are using the latest versions of MagpieRSS and Postbit, and that they are compatible with each other. You may also need to review your code and make sure it is correctly configured.

4. Can I disable MagpieRSS and use a different RSS parser?

Yes, you can disable MagpieRSS and use a different RSS parser if you prefer. There are several other options available, such as SimplePie, that you can use instead.

5. Where can I find more information about troubleshooting RSS Error: MagpieRSS & Postbit Issues?

You can find more information about troubleshooting this error by consulting online forums and communities for developers, or by reaching out to the creators of MagpieRSS and Postbit for support.