Remote button style thermometer

• Thread starter dingpud
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thermometer
In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to find small remote thermometers that interface through USB and measure temperature over a 24-hour period. They are looking for a website or name for these thermometers and have searched online but only found wired sensors. The conversation ends with a suggestion for a website and a thank you.
dingpud
I am trying to find these little remote button sized thermometers that I used at an old job. They interfaced via USB, through a little cradle that you plugged them into. They would measure temperature over a 24 hour (or so) period. You then take them from where you were taking the measurement and plug them back into the cradle to get the temperature over time reading. If anyone know what these are called or a website for them I would really appreciate it. I've googled it a bit, but can't find what I'm looking for. Everything that I've seen has been wired to the sensor.

Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Something like http://www.microdaq.com/acr/smartbutton/smartbutton.php" maybe? That site also has a pretty good selection of other data loggers as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect.

Thank you very much.

Related to Remote button style thermometer

1. How does a remote button style thermometer work?

A remote button style thermometer works by using a probe that is attached to a handheld receiver. The probe is inserted into the food or liquid that needs to be measured, and the temperature is displayed on the receiver. The probe sends a signal to the receiver, which then displays the temperature.

2. What are the benefits of using a remote button style thermometer?

One of the main benefits of using a remote button style thermometer is convenience. The receiver can be carried around, allowing the user to monitor the temperature from a distance. This is especially useful for cooking or grilling, as the user can keep an eye on the temperature without having to constantly check the food.

3. How accurate is a remote button style thermometer?

The accuracy of a remote button style thermometer depends on the quality and calibration of the device. Generally, these thermometers are quite accurate, with a margin of error of around 1-2 degrees Fahrenheit. It's important to make sure the thermometer is calibrated correctly before using it.

4. Can a remote button style thermometer be used for different types of food?

Yes, a remote button style thermometer can be used for a variety of foods, including meats, baked goods, and liquids. However, it's important to note that different types of food may require different probe lengths for accurate temperature readings.

5. How do I clean and maintain a remote button style thermometer?

To clean a remote button style thermometer, simply wipe the probe with a damp cloth after each use. Avoid submerging the probe in water or cleaning it in a dishwasher, as this can damage the device. It's also important to keep the probe and receiver dry and store them in a cool, dry place when not in use.