Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Piano
In summary, The conversation discusses a video of a man playing piano in a subway station and the possibility of it being staged. The participants also mention the use of pianos in public spaces and the quality of the audio recording in the video. They also express their admiration for the skill of the pianist and the effect of the music on listeners.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
Even if this performance was "staged", it was pretty good:

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
I saw this video a couple weeks ago. Watched it a few times. Really fun and talented guy. I always daydreamed that if I had a talent that I could have fun with publicly that I'd do it as much as I could. How cool!

Yeah, this "pianos in subway stations" is a real thing and has drawn some amazing talent. It was done in several to spiff up otherwise dreary places. I read about one prodigy who went to one of them to practice because he had no piano at home but he was so good that folks enjoyed his "practice as much as they would most peoples professional playing".

How is the audio recorded? I hear some non-piano play in the back and there is no noise whatsoever.

disregardthat said:
How is the audio recorded? I hear some non-piano play in the back and there is no noise whatsoever.

There is probably a small microphone inside the piano. That would give pretty good protection against random noise from the surroundings.

Sigh. How i'd love to acquire such a skill.
That music just picks up and carries one along. I can imagine Rachmaninoff would've liked it.

Thanks for posting it.

disregardthat said:

I seen a comment on the youtube video comments from the maker of the video and he said the audio was recorded with an audio recorder that was placed behind the piano close to the ground. The drum like sound is probably something loose inside the piano mechanism that is rattling around or resononating.

Related to Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good

What is a "Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good"?

A "Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good" is a musical event where a pianist performs on a public piano in a staged setting, typically in a park or other public space.

Who can attend a "Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good"?

Anyone can attend a "Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good". These events are typically open to the public and do not require tickets or reservations.

Do I need to know how to play the piano to attend a "Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good"?

No, you do not need to know how to play the piano to attend a "Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good". These events are meant for anyone to enjoy and appreciate the music.

Are "Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good" events free?

Yes, "Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good" events are typically free for attendees. However, some events may ask for donations to support the pianist or the organization hosting the event.

Can I bring my own instrument to a "Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good" event?

While it is not common for attendees to bring their own instruments to a "Public Piano Concert: Staged Performance Pretty Good" event, you may be able to participate in a jam session or open mic portion of the event if available. Check with the event organizers for more information.