Pi or Pie: Which is More Important to You?

• Thread starter Char. Limit
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pi
In summary: And third choice, cherry... with lots of whipped cream.In summary, the conversation revolves around the misspelling of the mathematical symbol pi as "pie" and the question of which is more important - the number pi or the dessert pie. The conversation also includes a poll and various jokes and references to the importance and taste of pi and pie. Ultimately, the majority of participants choose pie over pi.

Pi or Pie?

• Pi

Votes: 34 53.1%
  • Pie

Votes: 30 46.9%

• Total voters
Dembadon said:
Yes; all types. Perhaps someday I'll eat a piece of pie that changes my mind. However, this is an unlikely scenario because I dislike pie.

My grandmother used to make a mean strawberry rhubarb. Fresh baked with vanilla ice cream on the top...perfection.

Physics news on Phys.org
Pie is way better for sure! There are so many choices to choose from! Apple pie, blackberry pie, banana cream pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, pizza pie, meat pie, chicken pot pie... the list goes on and on. I only know of one variation of Pi.

cbetanco said:
Pie is way better for sure! There are so many choices to choose from! Apple pie, blackberry pie, banana cream pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, pizza pie, meat pie, chicken pot pie... the list goes on and on. I only know of one variation of Pi.
To how many decimal places? Just askin'...

turbo said:
To how many decimal places? Just askin'...

3.1459, and that is already more accurate than I wish to know, I wish I could just forget everything past the 3.

Edit: 3.14159, I guess I don't even know past the 4

Last edited:
Andre said:
Why not both?

potd_pi-pie.jpg

"Have my pie and eat it too!" ("Or have my pi and eat it 2"?)
Hope that hasn't been done yet. I only read page 1. Ooops. Zooby.

I need pie. I'm too linear. I'm skinnier than my pre- maternity-size chasing around after that toddler. And if you look in old polls, you already know how I vote on Pie versus cake... Pie... mmmm... pie.

Pi is also common. I have lots of pi's around me right now, but no pie.