Physics and applied math journals

In summary, if you're looking for a list of physics and applied mathematics journals and their rankings, you can start by checking out Physics Today and the Phys Revs, as well as the impact factor lists for different fields. These lists can give you an idea of the prestige of each journal and help you choose which ones to read. Additionally, the impact factor measures how often a journal is cited, so a higher impact factor indicates a higher level of influence in the field.
mathgym
I'm quite new. Can anyone give me a link or sense of physics and applied mathematics journals and their rankings. I tried the search function but it all seems scattered. Google too is not helping much. Thanks y'all.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what you mean by ranking. Do you mean impact factor?

In general, each field has it's particular journals that increase in prestige and this varies from field to field. Any of the Phys Revs are fairly prestigious. Getting an article published in Nature is considered a very high accomplishment.

If you're just interested in starting to read journal articles one place to start might be Physics Today - their articles tend to be interesting, cover a wide range of topics, and are often written so as to introduce the material to readers who may not have a background in that particular field.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Physics and applied math journals

1. What is the difference between physics and applied math journals?

Physics journals typically focus on publishing research studies and findings related to the study of matter, energy, and the interactions between them. Applied math journals, on the other hand, publish research related to the practical application of mathematical theories and techniques to real-world problems and phenomena.

2. What are some top journals in the field of physics and applied math?

Some top journals in the field of physics include Physical Review Letters, Nature Physics, and Journal of High Energy Physics. For applied math, top journals include SIAM Review, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, and Journal of Mathematical Physics.

3. How can I submit my research to a physics or applied math journal?

To submit your research to a physics or applied math journal, you will typically need to follow the submission guidelines provided by the journal. This may include formatting requirements, word limits, and specific guidelines for figures and tables. Most journals also require authors to submit their work through an online submission system.

4. How long does it take for a paper to be published in a physics or applied math journal?

The time it takes for a paper to be published in a physics or applied math journal can vary greatly depending on the journal and the specific research topic. On average, it can take anywhere from a few months to a year or more for a paper to go through the peer-review process and be accepted for publication.

5. Are there open access options for physics and applied math journals?

Yes, there are open access options for many physics and applied math journals. Open access allows for anyone to read and download published papers without a subscription or paywall. Some journals may have a specific open access option, while others may offer open access as part of their publishing model. However, open access may require authors to pay a fee for their paper to be published.