Obama - Gates - Crowley Beer poll.

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Beer Poll
In summary: Near Beer should have been included in the poll...I voted Pilsner, but Pale Lager would be appropriate as well. As matter of fact Pilsner (originally from Czech Plzeň) are pale lagers adapted from Bavarian lagers. The mass-produced US domestic beers are primarily Lagers/Pilsners.

What should they drink?

• Black and Tan

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Pale Lager

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Weissbier

• Pale Ale

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Porter

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Stout

• Pilsner

• Bear Whiz

• Total voters
Jimmy Snyder
What kind of beer should they drink?

Physics news on Phys.org
Personally I prefer stout but I know most people prefer that yellow stuff so I guess they can go ahead and drink that. I will consent to my tax dollars being spent on whiz for Obama.

I noticed that there is no option for high gravity lager.
Perhaps though we oughtn't make too light of such a weighty issue.

"Near Beer" should have been included in the poll...

I voted Pilsner, but Pale Lager would be appropriate as well. As matter of fact Pilsner (originally from Czech Plzeň) are pale lagers adapted from Bavarian lagers. The mass-produced US domestic beers are primarily Lagers/Pilsners.

Ah - another teaching moment! :biggrin:

MICKEYS.jpg

or...
abale.jpg

Black and Tan is just too racist. How come the black is always on top? Was it like that before Obama took office? And why are they kept separate? And how do they keep the black beer on the top? It always tasted heavier to me, so logically it should have sank to the bottom.

But then again, after a few few pints, no one cares about such questions. At least, I never did.

BlackTan.jpg

I choose ginger beer - just rely on the placebo effect to have them all singing "Roll Out the Barrel."

Edit: on second thought, I'm not going to say that.

I would suggest Chamberlain Pale Ale. Joshua Chamberlain captured superior forces by ordering a bayonet charge when his troops were out of powder and balls. Pretty ballsy move. He was promoted to general and was selected to accept the surrender of Lee's troops at Appomatox. He ordered his troops to salute the passing confederates, and he respected their flags. Pretty classy guy!

jimmysnyder said:
What kind of beer should they drink?

Where did your other post go Jimmy?

And why should they both drink the same beer?

http://edge.shop.com/ccimg.shop.com/210000/213600/213670/products/-!Redneck%20Pit%20Bull%20Beer%20Adult%20T%20Shirt--8951352.jpg

Pit Bull beer is for Ossifer Crowley.

I couldn't find a picture of Victim Beer...

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2007/06/06/320x240/images_sizedimage_157095953.jpg

So here's a picture of a burgler who drank his victim's beer.
I guess he can just look at the picture and drink Pit Bull Beer,
but I think this could be worse than getting arrested.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheStatutoryApe said:
Where did your other post go Jimmy?
It was too close to the edge, so I deleted it.

You know, I just realized something amazing. Gates single handled brought shame to the first black president of the United States by his bigoted attitude! I wonder if he even stopped to realize this. The fallout for Obama's comments have been harsh from all sides, and all thanks to Henry Gates Jr. He REALLY did a lot more harm than good and is trying to save face by saying "if it can happen to me, it can happen to anybody".

I take Professor Gates for a 'Stout' drinker. Run your mouth in front of 20 cops and then cry about it as a race issue? Yeah...definitely Stout.

Crowley is probably going for a Lager. Strong at the start with just a little aftertaste.

Obama... miller lite.....all marketing, no taste, and no substance.

Cyrus said:
You know, I just realized something amazing. Gates single handled brought shame to the first black president of the United States by his bigoted attitude! I wonder if he even stopped to realize this. The fallout for Obama's comments have been harsh from all sides, and all thanks to Henry Gates Jr. He REALLY did a lot more harm than good and is trying to save face by saying "if it can happen to me, it can happen to anybody".

I'm sure it'll blow over in a week or two. Obama is rather sensitive to the way people perceive him and has probably already asked Gates to tone it down. I doubt this will ever be anymore than one of those niggling little things that his detractors will add onto a laundry list of petty complaints that they hardly even remember all the details of.

Bah to the beer.

They should just smoke a joint and mellow out for a couple of hours. :)

I just wish the arrest of Gates was caught in episode of Cops :smile:

That would be hilarious. I think this beer drinking in the white house is the definition of "acting stupidly".

cronxeh said:
I just wish the arrest of Gates was caught in episode of Cops :smile:

That would be hilarious. I think this beer drinking in the white house is the definition of "acting stupidly".

Or Reno 9-1-1

getitright said:
I take Professor Gates for a 'Stout' drinker. Run your mouth in front of 20 cops and then cry about it as a race issue? Yeah...definitely Stout.

Crowley is probably going for a Lager. Strong at the start with just a little aftertaste.

Obama... miller lite.....all marketing, no taste, and no substance.

I do believe you've nailed it. Are you in marketing?

I liked the suggestion that they should have a drinking contest.

Ivan Seeking said:
I liked the suggestion that they should have a drinking contest.

Jack Cafferty read viewer comments on CNN today. One person wrote in:
Hey, maybe we should all get into a royal rumble with the police and fight it out, then we can have a kegger at the White House.

and another.

Well, I guess if Obama doesn’t have anything more pressing. Maybe he could do it once a week. Pick out a couple of guys with a dispute and put it on daytime TV. Instead of Judge Judy, we’ll call it “Let’s Have A Beer” staring Pres. Obama. The revenues from the show could pay for his health care plan.

:smile:

President Obama has chosen Bud Lite. No sooner had he done so when Crowley showed up at the White House door and demanded to see the President's birth certificate. Obama said he would go inside to get it and Crowley followed behind. When they got to the kitchen, Gates was already there. Gates doesn't drink beer, but none the less claimed that Bud Lite tastes great. This set Crowley shouting repeatedly in a tumultuous manner that it is less filling. "I'll meet your mama outside" said Crowley. Obama said "This is what happens to black presidents in America". The secret service is confirming Crowley's version of events.

My vote for Gates:

Cyrus said:
abale.jpg

Crowley should drink this in tribute to the media:

bullgarbageBeer.jpg

An editorial cartoonist has given Obama a Hello Kitty avatar in his cartoons so this fits that theme:

hello-kitty-beer.gif

For what it's worth:
. . . .
Just what kind of beer is a matter of some speculation. The president, who is not much of a drinker, recently drank a Budweiser at the All Star Game, allows White House Spokesman Robert Gibbs, who has nonetheless declined to identify the Thursday choice of brew. The Cambridge officer, Sgt. James Crowley, has told the president he likes Blue Moon, a wheat beer often served with fruit. The professor, Henry Louis Gates Jr., has told the Boston press he likes the European lager Beck's or the Bohemian-bottled Red Stripe, from Jamaica. What shall they do? If they can't even agree on the beer, what can they agree on?

[UPDATE at 4:20 p.m.: This afternoon on Air Force One, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs revealed the beer selection for the picnic table gathering: "The President will drink Bud Light. As I understand it -- I have not heard this, I've read this, so I'll just repeat what I've read, that Professor Gates said he liked Red Stripe, and I believe Sergeant Crowley mentioned to the President that he liked Blue Moon. So we'll have the gamut covered tomorrow afternoon. I think we're still thinking, weather permitting, the picnic table out back."]

. . . .
http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2009/07/29/beer-branding-at-the-white-house/

I hope the emphasis of the meeting (assuming it does happen) is not on the beer, but rather where the nation goes from here.

The nation is divided.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090730/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_harvard_scholar_poll

Well, they're having their beer now. In the aftermath of Gates: (2) Cops and (1) concerned citizens names have been dragged through the mud.

The lady that called the police never said anything about "black men", the black officer has been labeled an "uncle tom" and the white cop a "racist". Good job Gates: Mission Accomplished.

I think they should each down a bottle of Absinthe. Why isn't that on the poll?

Apparently some massachusetts congressman made a stink saying that they ought to drink Sam Adams.

I predict that Gates and Crowley will go on a speaking tour or engage in some sort of public discourse, at Obama's request.

Ivan Seeking said:
I predict that Gates and Crowley will go on a speaking tour or engage in some sort of public discourse, at Obama's request.

On the radio I heard mention of them getting together again. Unfortunately the only part that I heard was something about drinking coolaid or lemonade next time so as not to "give the wrong idea".

TheStatutoryApe said:
On the radio I heard mention of them getting together again. Unfortunately the only part that I heard was something about drinking coolaid or lemonade next time so as not to "give the wrong idea".

It's the Obama effect: One afternoon with Obama they are both drinking the Kool-Aid.

This is absolutely perfect :biggrin:: http://www.xkcd.com/"

Math Jeans said:
This is absolutely perfect :biggrin:: http://www.xkcd.com/"

CNN had one man on film with his poster saying how they should be drinking, and I quote "Kool-Aid" and orange juice because drinking beer sends a bad message to kids. Last time I checked, this meeting wasn't to send a message to kids. Three grown men had a beer, move on with your life mr. protester, and find something worth protesting about next time.