Physics learning resources that are not so difficult for me

heather rose
TL;DR Summary: easy exam , need concise content

can someone please recommend me a book or youtube channel that gives facts and easy numerical problems on indian class 11th 12th physics . am preparing for an exam which asks basic questions but i dont know from where should i study that cause theres no content for that exam . so please suggest somethingggg

Physics news on Phys.org
What about the class textbook and lecture notes?

Likes Vanadium 50
Any calculus-based college level introductory physics textbook should do. You can find plenty of them, so pick one that suites you.

• Informative
Likes symbolipoint
heather rose said:
TL;DR Summary: easy exam , need concise content

can someone please recommend me a book or youtube channel that gives facts and easy numerical problems on indian class 11th 12th physics . am preparing for an exam which asks basic questions but i dont know from where should i study that cause theres no content for that exam . so please suggest somethingggg
Which exam is this? Boards or an entrance exam?

You cannot go wrong with Physics (Resnick-Halliday-Krane) or University Physics (Sears-Zemansky-Young-Freedman). Try working through some of the problems, you don't have to do all of them, and see how prepared you are. You can always ask on the forums here if you get stuck.

russ_watters said:
What about the class textbook and lecture notes?
i dont have lecture notes and textbooks are very lengthy and confusing

okattt thankss ill search for that
Mister T said:
Any calculus-based college level introductory physics textbook should do. You can find plenty of them, so pick one that suites you

haider said:
Which exam is this? Boards or an entrance exam?

You cannot go wrong with Physics (Resnick-Halliday-Krane) or University Physics (Sears-Zemansky-Young-Freedman). Try working through some of the problems, you don't have to do all of them, and see how prepared you are. You can always ask on the forums here if you get stuck.
its an entrance exam , thanksss ill check out

heather rose said:
textbooks are very lengthy and confusing
You have to train your mind to overcome that if you ever want to advance in this or any related field. Reading textbooks is an acquired skill. It takes time, effort, and practice to develop that skill. But it is a skill that's both necessary and rewarding.

Likes russ_watters and Vanadium 50
Mister T said:
You have to train your mind to overcome that if you ever want to advance in this or any related field. Reading textbooks is an acquired skill. It takes time, effort, and practice to develop that skill. But it is a skill that's both necessary and rewarding.
yes but my exam is within a month , i need some resourse where i have crux of the topics , like here is the concept in concise way , here is the formula , then few questions on it , thats a lot of demand i know idk how to finish so much in such short time

heather rose said:
yes but my exam is within a month ,
With a proper mindset you can begin to read textbooks today.

heather rose said:
i need some resourse where i have crux of the topics , like here is the concept in concise way , here is the formula , then few questions on it , thats a lot of demand i know idk how to finish so much in such short time

Textbooks are the best (and perhaps only) way to do that. There are no shortcuts to learning. If there were, that's the way we'd learn.

I used to tell my students that when preparing a lesson I don't sit down and think about the more abstract and obtuse ways I can present the lesson. I think about the easiest and fastest way that requires the least effort on the part of the students. If there were an easier way to learn the lesson, that's the way I'd teach it. Does a student really think they can outdo an experienced instructor when it comes to finding ways to learn the subject matter?

• Informative
Likes russ_watters, symbolipoint, haider and 1 other person
heather rose said:
its an entrance exam , thanksss ill check out

heather rose said:
yes but my exam is within a month , i need some resourse where i have crux of the topics , like here is the concept in concise way , here is the formula , then few questions on it , thats a lot of demand i know idk how to finish so much in such short time
Most texts will have some sort of summary at the end of the chapter but I'd say read through the theory at your own pace with an open mind and the aim of understanding physics, exams notwithstanding. I found that to be extremely fun and rewarding after (not doing so well on) my entrances in 12th.

Likes Mister T
Many students read the chapter end summary, then try to solve the chapter-end problems by referring back to the portions of the chapter that will help them solve that particular problem. If the student is adept at memorizing, this will help when asked to solve the very same type of problem on a test or exam.

But this is not a valid strategy for understanding. It's an answer-making strategy not a sense-making strategy. It's an attempt to avoid the struggle associated with achieving an understanding. These students then complain about tests and exams being not fair because they don't have the same kinds of questions and problems they were asked to study. Many if not most instructor buckle to these complaints and start teaching students how to make answers, instead of teaching them how to make sense of the subject matter. IMO it's a major problem in education today in mathematics and the exact sciences.

Any good test is designed to probe student understanding, and the above strategy is doomed to be a failing strategy.

• Informative
Likes russ_watters, symbolipoint and haider
heather rose said:
You will need to repeat what you study. A month is far too short of a time length for this. The goal quoted from what you said will invite failure.