New Sci-Fi Series: Babylon 5 & Matrix Creators' Latest

In summary: I think it's definitely worth watching the whole series.In summary, the new Netflix series Babylon 5 and the Matrix is liked by those who have seen it, but is not for everyone. It has weird content, but good directing, editing, music, and story.
Digitalism

It's a new series on Netflix from those involved with Babylon 5 and the Matrix. Has anyone here seen it yet? What did you think about it?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'd like to know what people thought as well.
I tried watching the first episode this weekend. Couldn't get into it.

I saw the whole thing in three days. It's a weird show, unlike any other, but I liked it. The cast is pretty good. The directing, editing, music etc. is very good. The story is messy at first. Maybe they shouldn't have introduced all eight characters in the first episode. But I think it gets better once the introductions are out of the way. Most comments I've seen seem to agree with this. They're saying that the show got much better after the first few episodes.

Still, it's definitely not for everyone. It's a very strange show with some bizarre content, like a telepathic gay orgy, and a closeup of a vagina with a baby's head popping out of it,...

The story about how someone is trying to kill them is a relatively small part of the season. It's more about the individual stories.

I enjoyed it! There are definitely some weird Netflix-allowed scenes, but the concept of those who can have and share their senses is pretty neat. It seems that the purpose of the first season is to introduce the characters and their back stories and, if a second season happens, I'm hoping that the plot gets better, especially since someone's actually out to get them!

I watched the first episode but it didn't grab me, I liked the weirdness but the characters didn't seem too interesting and neither did the telepathic connection. It didn't make me want to find out what exactly was going on. I plan on giving it a proper go though when I next need something to watch.

I really enjoyed it. Most people seemed put off by the fact that they concentrated on the characters and spent relatively little time on the "main" plot of someone hunting them. Personally I was far more interested in the character development then the action, I really liked the concept that 8 different people are slowly starting to merge their personalities. Considering the very wide spread of characters over so may different cultures and backgrounds, it should lead to some very interesting drama.

Related to New Sci-Fi Series: Babylon 5 & Matrix Creators' Latest

1. What is the premise of the new sci-fi series "Babylon 5 & Matrix Creators' Latest"?

The series follows a group of humans and other alien species as they navigate the political and social dynamics of a massive space station called Babylon 5, while also exploring the concept of a virtual reality world known as the Matrix.

2. Who are the creators behind the series?

The series is a collaboration between J. Michael Straczynski, the creator of Babylon 5, and the Wachowski siblings, who created the Matrix trilogy.

3. Will the series be a continuation of the previous Babylon 5 and Matrix storylines?

No, the series will be a completely new story and not a continuation of the previous series. However, it will explore similar themes and concepts.

4. When will the series be released?

The release date for the series has not been announced yet. However, it is currently in development and is expected to premiere in the near future.

5. Will the series be available on a specific streaming platform?

As of now, it is unclear which streaming platform the series will be available on. However, it is expected to be released on a popular streaming service or network.