Most and least unanswered threads?

• Thread starter lekh2003
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the number of unanswered threads on the forum. While the site was initially created with no threads, the approximate least amount over the years has been around 5. The most unanswered threads at one time was estimated to be in the 60s. Some members expressed their surprise at the straightforward and mathematical answers they received, while others expected more in-depth responses.
lekh2003
Gold Member
Hello everyone, this question is targeted at some of the members who have been around for long.

What was the least amount of unanswered threads, has it ever been zero? And what about the most, has it ever hit 100?

Likes ISamson
Physics news on Phys.org
lekh2003 said:
What was the least amount of unanswered threads, has it ever been zero?

Sure thing, when the site was created there were no threads at all.

Likes ISamson and Psinter
Since https://www.physicsforums.com/unanswered/threads has been around the approximate least amount is around 5 and the most I'd say in the 60s.

Likes ISamson and lekh2003
Borek said:
Sure thing, when the site was created there were no threads at all.
That's not what I meant :biggrin:

Likes Psinter
lekh2003 said:
That's not what I meant :biggrin:
But that's exactly what you have to expect as an answer on a webpage with mathematically educated people. I remember when someone has been asked to give an example of a linear map and I thought: "Good he didn't ask me. I would have said ##0##. And if this wasn't acceptable, I would have continued with ##1##."

Likes ISamson, OmCheeto, mfb and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
But that's exactly what you have to expect as an answer on a webpage with mathematically educated people. I remember when someone has been asked to give an example of a linear map and I thought: "Good he didn't ask me. I would have said ##0##. And if this wasn't acceptable, I would have continued with ##1##."
I obviously thought that I might get such an answer but I expected these logically Superior minds to give me an answer from after a few years of the forum starting.

Related to Most and least unanswered threads?

1. What does "Most and least unanswered threads" mean?

"Most and least unanswered threads" refers to the number of threads or discussions on a particular topic that have received the most and least amount of responses or answers from other participants.

2. How is the ranking of "Most and least unanswered threads" determined?

The ranking of "Most and least unanswered threads" is determined by the number of responses or answers that a particular thread has received. The threads with the highest number of responses are considered the most answered, while those with the lowest number of responses are considered the least answered.

3. Why is it important to know the "Most and least unanswered threads"?

Knowing the "Most and least unanswered threads" can help researchers and scientists identify which topics or questions are generating the most interest and engagement from the community. This information can also highlight areas that may need more attention or further research.

4. Can the "Most and least unanswered threads" change over time?

Yes, the "Most and least unanswered threads" can change over time as more participants join the discussion and provide answers to the threads. Additionally, as new topics and questions emerge, the ranking of the most and least answered threads may also change.

5. How can the "Most and least unanswered threads" be used in scientific research?

The "Most and least unanswered threads" can be used in scientific research to analyze the level of engagement and interest in certain topics and to identify potential research gaps or areas that require further investigation. It can also help researchers understand the community's perspective and opinions on certain issues.