Mastering Electric Networks to ELE 302 for Second Year Students

In summary, the conversation discusses a 2nd year course, ELE 302 Electric Networks, which covers topics such as three phase circuits, frequency response, Laplace transform applications, Fourier series, filter circuits, and two port networks. It has a lecture component of 5 hours and a lab component of 3 hours, and requires all first year courses as prerequisites. The speakers also mention the importance of having knowledge of differential equations for this course.
budala
This is my 1st semester in 2nd year course, sounds to hard and I do worry.
Did anyone study something like this description.

ELE 302 Electric Networks Three phase circuits- 3-phase voltages, Y and delta-connections, balanced three-phase systems, power calculations, two-wattmeter power measurement; frequency response- Bode plots, resonant circuits, frequency response of OPAMP circuits; Laplace transform applications- initial and final value theorems, solution of differential equations, transfer function and impedance, convolution theorem; Fourier series- exponential form, Fourier spectrum, circuits and Fourier series; filter circuits- second- and high-order filters, pole-zero plots and the s-plane, distortion in filter circuits; two port networks- equations of two-port networks, hybrid and transmission parameters, interconnection of two-port networks; computer aided circuit analyses of all the above topics.
Lect: 5 hrs./Lab: 3 hrs.
Prerequisite: All required first year courses.

Physics news on Phys.org
It looks like a pretty standard circuits course. Have you had diff eq. yet? I should have, if you're taking circuits.

leright, thank you very much. diff.eq is a corequisite and I will take it the same time with this course. I know it would be much better if I took it already. Thanks

Related to Mastering Electric Networks to ELE 302 for Second Year Students

1. What is an electric network?

An electric network is a system of interconnected components, such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors, that are connected by conductive pathways to form a closed loop. This allows for the flow of electric current through the network.

2. What is the difference between a series and parallel electric network?

In a series electric network, the components are connected in a single loop, with the same current flowing through each component. In a parallel electric network, the components are connected in multiple branches, with the total current divided among the branches.

3. How do you calculate the total resistance of a series electric network?

The total resistance of a series electric network is equal to the sum of the individual resistances of each component. This can be calculated using the formula: Rtotal = R1 + R2 + R3 + ... + Rn.

4. How do you calculate the total capacitance of a parallel electric network?

The total capacitance of a parallel electric network is equal to the sum of the individual capacitances of each component. This can be calculated using the formula: Ctotal = C1 + C2 + C3 + ... + Cn.

5. How does Kirchhoff's laws apply to electric networks?

Kirchhoff's laws, specifically Kirchhoff's current law and Kirchhoff's voltage law, are fundamental principles that govern the behavior of electric networks. These laws state that the total current entering a junction in a network is equal to the total current leaving the junction, and that the sum of voltages around a closed loop in a network is equal to zero.