Is University of Cambridge good?

In summary, during their conversation, the speakers discussed their plans for higher education. The first speaker intends to study at the University of British Columbia for their undergraduate degree, followed by a Masters and PHD at Cambridge University. They are interested in studying Particle Astrophysics at Cambridge but noticed that the graduate course information is not readily available on their website. The second speaker suggests looking at specific departments or centers, such as DAMTP, for more information. They also advise the first speaker to focus on their undergraduate studies before thinking about grad school. They also mention the possibility of doing undergraduate research at the Canadian Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA).
AbsoluteZer0
Hi,

For my undergraduate degree, I intend to study at the University of British Columbia. For my Masters and PHD I am hoping to study at Cambridge.

How good is the Physics program at Cambridge? I am interested in Particle Astrophysics. I noticed that on their website they don't (at least from what I have observed) include a section on graduate courses, unlike MIT for example. What is the system at Cambridge like?

Thanks,

Physics news on Phys.org
Try the websites of specific departments/centres. Say, DAMTP.

Also: consider focusing on doing well throughout your undergraduate degree and then thinking about the specifics grad school.

I agree with mepris. Focus on your undergrad first before anything. Its good to plan ahead, i planned my next 5 years, but you got to focus and do really well in your undergrad studies. Also, Have you looked into cita(canadian institute of theoretical astrophysics). I am planning on undergrad at sfu and doing some undergrad research at cita. i only know of programs in Canada sorry haha

Last edited:

Related to Is University of Cambridge good?

1. Is the University of Cambridge considered one of the top universities in the world?

Yes, the University of Cambridge consistently ranks among the top universities in the world. It is currently ranked as the 3rd best university in the world by the QS World University Rankings.

2. What makes the University of Cambridge stand out compared to other universities?

The University of Cambridge has a long history of academic excellence and is known for its rigorous academic standards and challenging curriculum. It also has a strong reputation for research and innovation, attracting top faculty and students from around the world.

3. How does the University of Cambridge support its students?

The University of Cambridge has a variety of support services in place to help students succeed, including academic advising, career services, mental health support, and financial aid. There are also numerous extracurricular activities and student organizations to help students get involved and find their community.

4. Are there opportunities for international students at the University of Cambridge?

Yes, the University of Cambridge has a diverse and international student body, with students from over 120 different countries. The university also offers various resources and support for international students, such as English language courses and cultural integration programs.

5. How does the University of Cambridge prepare its students for the workforce?

The University of Cambridge has a strong focus on developing critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills in its students. These skills are highly valued by employers and can prepare graduates for a wide range of careers. The university also has a dedicated careers service to help students with job searching, networking, and professional development.