Is This Space Science Course Worth its Salt? Is the School?

In summary, the speaker is considering going back to school and is interested in Morehead State University's space science program. They are unsure about the school's prestige and job prospects after graduation. They are seeking advice on the program and considering attending for another STEM-related degree and then transferring. They provide a link to the program's curriculum map and mention being able to visit the school.
ccmetalhead
Hi, I've been really looking into going back to school for awhile now, and I don't know exactly what I want to do, however I can't see myself doing anything not related to math and science. The circumstances in my life are progressing in a manner that would make it financially feasible and practical to attend Morehead State University. They have a space science program that has caught my interest. I haven't been to college, ever, so I'm not sure what qualifies as rigorous and what doesn't. I know MSU is a school in the hills of the south, so I wouldn't imagine it to be all that prestigious, and therefore I'm not sure how much luck I would have finding a job after completing undergrad or even after moving onto graduate school. The Space Science degree offered there seems to be geared toward having the student complete it and then transferring to another school for grad.

Would anyone have some advice on this program, and if this program does not seem legitimate, would it be a good idea to attend this school for something else STEM related and then transfer?

Thank you for any time and advice you can offer.

Here is the link to the program (the link to the curriculum map is posted on the page):

http://www.moreheadstate.edu/study/spacescience/

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Are you able to visit?
Yeah I would be able to set up a visit anytime

Related to Is This Space Science Course Worth its Salt? Is the School?

1. Is this space science course worth the cost?

The answer to this question varies depending on your personal goals and interests. If you are passionate about space science and want to pursue a career in the field, then this course may be worth the cost as it can provide you with valuable knowledge and skills. However, if you are simply looking for a general understanding of space science, there may be more affordable options available.

2. What topics are covered in this space science course?

This space science course covers a wide range of topics such as planetary science, astrophysics, astronomy, and space exploration. It also includes hands-on activities and experiments to enhance your understanding of these concepts. You can expect to learn about the history of space exploration, current missions, and future developments in the field.

3. Is this course suitable for beginners?

Yes, this space science course is suitable for beginners as it covers fundamental concepts and does not assume any prior knowledge of the subject. It is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of space science for individuals with varying levels of expertise. However, some basic understanding of science and mathematics may be beneficial.

4. Will I have access to any resources or materials?

Yes, this space science course provides access to various resources and materials such as lecture notes, readings, and simulations. These resources are designed to supplement your learning and help you better understand the concepts covered in the course. Additionally, you may also have access to online forums or discussion boards to interact with other students and ask questions.

5. Is the school reputable for its space science program?

The reputation of the school's space science program may vary depending on individual opinions. However, you can research the school's accreditation, faculty, and alumni to get an idea of its reputation in the field. It may also be helpful to read reviews or talk to current or former students to get a better understanding of their experiences with the program.