Is "Quantum Mechanics Demystified" a good book for a beginner?

murshid_islam
TL;DR Summary: Is "Quantum Mechanics Demystified" a good book for a beginner for self-studying?

I'm a layman with background in high school physics and undergrad calculus. Is "Quantum Mechanics Demystified" by David McMahon a good book for self-studying and learning quantum mechanics?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's good. All books by McMahon in the demystified series are good. And no, I'm not him. :oldbiggrin:

• Haha
  • Skeptical
Likes bhobba, dextercioby, berkeman and 6 others
I also recommend that book ( and his other books ) but you need to keep a close eye on the typos. If you follow any derivations in the book , you should find the typos easy to spot

Likes bhobba, murshid_islam, Demystifier and 1 other person
murshid_islam said:
TL;DR Summary: Is "Quantum Mechanics Demystified" a good book for a beginner for self-studying?

I'm a layman with background in high school physics and undergrad calculus. Is "Quantum Mechanics Demystified" by David McMahon a good book for self-studying and learning quantum mechanics?
QM should not be left to self-study in my opinion. I recommend taking a course at a local college instead. I say that only based on my own experience taking QM in college and the fact that you then have an expert to ask questions of.