Is it a good idea to take Calc 2 and Engineering Physics in the summer?

In summary, the speaker has had to take prerequisite courses for Math, causing their academic schedule to be disrupted. To maintain a full-time schedule, they plan to take Calc2 and Engineering Physics 1 during the summer. They are seeking advice on whether this is a good idea for getting good grades and retaining enough information for future classes. The response is that it is doable but will require a significant amount of out-of-class time for learning and practice.
liubare
I've had to take a handful of prerequisites for Math and it's caused my academic schedule to get jacked up - To keep a full-time load in each semester I will have to take Calc2(4 credits) and Engineering Physics 1(4 credits) during next summer (eight week session). It would be a Mon-Thursday schedule.
Could I please get some advice on this...
Is it a good idea for the sake of getting A's? Is it possible? Even if yes to both, will I retain enough information for future classes at this pace?
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
That sounds more than doable, but you will have to put in a significant amount of out-of-class time learning/studying the material and perhaps doing extra problems for the practice that is not given due to the short semester length.

Related to Is it a good idea to take Calc 2 and Engineering Physics in the summer?

What are the benefits of taking Calc 2 and Engineering Physics in the summer?

There are several benefits to taking these courses in the summer. First, it allows you to complete these challenging courses in a shorter amount of time, freeing up your schedule during the regular academic year. Additionally, the smaller class sizes in the summer can provide a more personalized learning experience and the material may be more condensed, allowing for better retention of the material.

Is it more difficult to take Calc 2 and Engineering Physics in the summer compared to during the regular academic year?

While the material covered in these courses is the same, the pace may be more accelerated during the summer. This can make the workload more challenging, but it also means that you will be able to complete the courses in a shorter amount of time.

How can I determine if I am ready to take Calc 2 and Engineering Physics in the summer?

If you are considering taking these courses in the summer, it is important to assess your readiness. This includes reviewing your previous coursework and grades in related subjects, as well as considering your time management skills and ability to handle a more intense workload.

Are there any potential drawbacks to taking Calc 2 and Engineering Physics in the summer?

One potential drawback is the condensed schedule, which may make it more difficult to fully grasp and retain the material. Additionally, summer courses may have different professors or teaching styles than during the regular academic year, which may require some adjustment.

Are there any tips for successfully completing Calc 2 and Engineering Physics in the summer?

To successfully complete these courses in the summer, it is important to stay organized and manage your time effectively. Additionally, make use of resources such as tutoring or study groups, and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed. It may also be beneficial to review material from previous courses beforehand to ensure a strong foundation in the subject matter.