IE 5.5 Registration Issues - Can't Join?

• Thread starter mathwonk
  • Start date
In summary, there are a few potential reasons for being unable to join IE 5.5, including having the incorrect version or not meeting system requirements. The registration process for IE 5.5 involves downloading and installing the software, providing personal information, and agreeing to terms and conditions. If there are issues with registration, troubleshooting steps include checking internet connection and restarting the computer. While registration is not necessary to use IE 5.5, it may provide access to updates and support. IE 5.5 is only compatible with certain operating systems, such as Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, and 2000.
mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
i know someone who is trying to join and register as a member using internet explorer 5.5. as yet he cannot succeed. is that browser a problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
mathwonk said:
i know someone who is trying to join and register as a member using internet explorer 5.5. as yet he cannot succeed. is that browser a problem?

Can you give any more information as to what he/she is experiencing?

Related to IE 5.5 Registration Issues - Can't Join?

1. Why can't I join IE 5.5?

There could be a few different reasons why you are unable to join IE 5.5. First, make sure that you have downloaded and installed the correct version of IE 5.5 for your operating system. If you have the correct version, check your internet connection to ensure that you have a stable connection. Additionally, make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for IE 5.5. If all of these factors are met, try restarting your computer and attempting to join IE 5.5 again.

2. What is the registration process for IE 5.5?

The registration process for IE 5.5 is fairly simple. First, you will need to download and install the software on your computer. Once it is installed, open the program and follow the prompts to register your copy of IE 5.5. You will likely need to provide some personal information and agree to the terms and conditions before completing the registration process.

3. What should I do if I am having trouble registering for IE 5.5?

If you are experiencing issues with registering for IE 5.5, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try. First, make sure that you are connected to the internet and have a stable connection. If you are still having trouble, try restarting your computer and attempting to register again. If the issue persists, you may want to contact the manufacturer or search online for any known issues or solutions related to registration for IE 5.5.

4. Do I need to register for IE 5.5 in order to use it?

No, you do not necessarily need to register for IE 5.5 in order to use it. However, registering your software can provide benefits such as access to updates and support. Additionally, some features of IE 5.5 may not be available unless you have registered your copy.

5. Can I use IE 5.5 on any operating system?

No, IE 5.5 is only compatible with certain operating systems. It was originally released for Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, and Windows 2000. However, it may also work on newer operating systems with some limitations. It is important to check the system requirements before attempting to use IE 5.5 on your computer.