MathType, Internet Explorer 10, and PF

• Thread starter friend
  • Start date
In summary, there is a compatibility issue between Internet Explorer 10, MathType 6.7a, and Physics Forums when writing equations. One user has had to revert to IE 9, but is considering upgrading to IE 10 with the new MathType 6.9 version. It is unclear if this will resolve the issue with writing equations.
friend
Is anyone else having problems with writing equations for Physics Forums using MathType and Internet Explorer 10? I've had to revert to IE 9 because there seems to be some compatibility issues between IE 10, MathType 6.7a, and PF. Now they've come out with MathType 6.9, and I'm thinking about upgrading to IE 10 as well, if there are no issues. Anybody know? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
friend said:
Is anyone else having problems with writing equations for Physics Forums using MathType and Internet Explorer 10? I've had to revert to IE 9 because there seems to be some compatibility issues between IE 10, MathType 6.7a, and PF. Now they've come out with MathType 6.9, and I'm thinking about upgrading to IE 10 as well, if there are no issues. Anybody know? Thanks.

Are you saying the LaTeX code output is wrong?

Related to MathType, Internet Explorer 10, and PF

1. What is MathType?

MathType is a mathematical equation editor that allows users to create and edit equations and mathematical expressions in documents and presentations.

2. How does MathType work with Internet Explorer 10?

MathType is compatible with Internet Explorer 10 and can be used to insert equations into web pages, online forums, and other online platforms.

3. Can I use MathType with PF (Paragraph Format) in Internet Explorer 10?

Yes, MathType can be used with PF in Internet Explorer 10. The equations can be formatted and aligned within the paragraph just like regular text.

4. Is MathType compatible with all versions of Internet Explorer?

MathType is compatible with Internet Explorer 6 and above, including Internet Explorer 10. However, some features may not be available in older versions of Internet Explorer.

5. Are there any known issues with using MathType and Internet Explorer 10 together?

There are no known issues with using MathType and Internet Explorer 10 together. However, it is recommended to keep your browser and MathType software up to date for optimal performance.