Icon Next to My Post: What Is It?

• Thread starter rohan03
  • Start date
In summary, the icon next to your post represents the category or topic of your post and is automatically chosen based on your selection. It cannot be manually changed and is optional depending on the user's choice. The icons serve as visual representations of categories or topics and do not have any specific meanings.
rohan03
why do I always get little post and what it looks like a black blob or firework in the middle - icon next to all my post

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If I understand what you mean, it means just what you wrote - thread in which you posted. Makes it easier to follow threads you are interested in.

Hovering your mouse over an icon usually brings up its description. If I've got it right regarding what you are asking about then this should answer your question:

2j0hxs1.png

Related to Icon Next to My Post: What Is It?

1. What does the icon next to my post mean?

The icon next to your post is a visual indicator that represents the category or topic of your post. It helps users quickly identify what your post is about and find similar content.

2. How is the icon chosen for my post?

The icon is automatically chosen based on the category or topic you select for your post. For example, if you choose the category "Technology" for your post, the icon may be a computer or smartphone symbol.

3. Can I change the icon for my post?

Currently, the icon for your post cannot be manually changed. It is determined by the category or topic you select for your post.

4. Why do some posts have icons while others do not?

The use of icons is optional and dependent on the user's choice of category or topic for their post. Some users may choose not to include a category or topic, resulting in no icon being displayed.

5. Do the icons have any specific meanings?

The icons are meant to be visual representations of the categories or topics chosen by users. They do not have any specific meanings other than to help users quickly identify the content of a post.