How to study while preparing for IIT with school/tutions.

• Thread starter Amey Shukla
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study
In summary, the individual is a student preparing for the difficult entrance test to get into India's premier engineering institute, IIT. They are currently enrolled in a coaching center with subpar teachers and are struggling to keep up with their peers who have better teachers in their school. They are seeking advice on how to self-study efficiently in order to improve their ranking in the coaching. They have a busy schedule with school, coaching, and family time, and are also applying to American colleges. They mention the possibility of joining another coaching or enrolling in a test series with another institute.
Amey Shukla
All right, guys. I am a part of rat race to IIT, the most premier institute of Engineering in my country, with one of the hardest entrance test on the high school level more then China's goakao.(Sorry for spell).

I love the sciences, and am studying Physics, chemistry and Mathematics in my school. We who are keen to get into IIT's go into some sort of Mock classes called tution or coaching classes. Though my coaching is extremely reputed, the teachers are not of the quality. The other top students in ranking in our coaching keep up to it by having good teachers in their school, however in my school my class haven't got the top quality students, the other classes in our school enjoy, despite being the class with most Intelligent kids.

Thus, my ranking in tests is getting worse and worse, and I feel a need that I need to start studying by myself. Is their, any advice on how I can strengthen my Maths, Physics and Chemistry so much, that I may return back to 1st position in my coaching I'm used with. I want to self study, in a way which is most efficient. My time table: (A typical day)Wake up at 6:00 Am, get a bath and get fresh, by 7 I leave for school, and return home by 1:30. I have lunch and a little T.V. till 2:30. At 2:30 I get changed, go down and start studying while waiting for the bus to Coaching. At bus, I leave my home by 3 and mostly studies in the bus. At 3:50 We reach the coaching and classes start by 4 Pm. We study. (The worst part here is that I am taught Physics by a Television lectures(old crt tv(not monitor but TV)) ) . With the lecture quality of Physics being far less superior compared to khan academy. I return home by 10, I have dinner till 10 30 with my family, and I go study and sleep and the cycle continue.

Any help on making a good time table and how I self study?

Thank You.

Physics news on Phys.org
What coaching centre are you in?
Btw, exact same situation here, besides the fact that the teachers in my centre are brilliant, all 3. Even I don't get time for self study. And on top of that I'm applying to American colleges as well, so it's a crazy situation.
Sorry, can't help though, I'm way more short on time.

Vision Infinity. (It's a a reputed coaching in Bhopal and had got very good rankers from the city, Air 10.). The teachers who were good had left the coaching and I joined it without eventually knowing the current condition. Guess, I'll have to do something myself ughh..

You could always join another coaching, or at least enrol in the test series of FIITJEE. I know many people who are enrolled both in FIITJEE and Vidyamandir (I live in Delhi). But you'll have to be careful about it, in case the other one ends up to be worse than your current one. Best of luck!

Related to How to study while preparing for IIT with school/tutions.

1. How much time should I dedicate to studying for IIT while also attending school and tutions?

The amount of time you should dedicate to studying for IIT while also attending school and tutions will vary depending on your individual strengths and weaknesses. However, a general rule of thumb is to spend at least 2-3 hours per day on IIT preparation in addition to your regular school and tutions hours. It is important to create a study schedule that allows for a balanced and consistent approach to your studies.

2. How can I manage my time effectively while preparing for IIT with school and tutions?

Time management is crucial when preparing for IIT while also attending school and tutions. One strategy is to prioritize your tasks and focus on the most important and challenging subjects first. You can also break your study sessions into smaller chunks and take breaks to avoid burnout. Additionally, using a planner or schedule to keep track of your tasks and deadlines can help you stay organized and on track.

3. Should I focus more on my school curriculum or IIT preparation?

Both your school curriculum and IIT preparation are important and should not be neglected. It is essential to maintain a balance between the two and give equal attention to both. While your school curriculum provides the foundation for your academic knowledge, IIT preparation helps you develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills that are necessary for success in the IIT entrance exam.

4. How can I stay motivated while studying for IIT with school and tutions?

Staying motivated can be challenging when juggling multiple commitments like school and tutions. One way to stay motivated is to set achievable goals for yourself and reward yourself when you accomplish them. It can also be helpful to surround yourself with like-minded and motivated individuals who can support and encourage you. Remember to take breaks and engage in activities you enjoy to avoid burnout.

5. How can I balance my extracurricular activities with my studies for IIT and school?

Balancing extracurricular activities with your studies for IIT and school can be challenging, but it is possible with effective time management and prioritization. It is essential to choose extracurricular activities that you are passionate about and that align with your goals. Additionally, try to schedule your extracurricular activities during your free time and avoid letting them interfere with your study schedule. Remember to also take breaks and prioritize your mental and physical well-being.