How to hook up a 12-24v system to a battery pack

In summary, the conversation discusses finding batteries for a project and determining the appropriate amps for the job. The person also asks about the details of the project, such as the type of LEDs being used and the desired length of time for the battery to last before recharging.
Oli Cambray
I'm working on a very similar issue to the one shown below

https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...-to-change-voltages-and-how-to-charge.514002/

I've found some batteries that should do the job. i need to keep them fairly small, and the length of charge doesn't matter too much as long as it's not seconds...

i was just wondering how to figure out what the best amps for the job would be.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Oli Cambray said:
i was just wondering how to figure out what the best amps for the job would be.
That will depend on the thing you want to power. The required current will then determine which power source is suitable.

The devil is in the detail. What do you mean "similar"?

Got a URL for the LEDs you are using?
How long do you want them to run off the battery before recharging?

Related to How to hook up a 12-24v system to a battery pack

1. How do I determine the voltage of my battery pack?

The voltage of a battery pack can be determined by looking at the label on the battery or by using a multimeter to measure the voltage directly.

2. Can I connect a 12v and 24v battery together to make a 36v system?

No, it is not recommended to connect batteries with different voltages together as it can result in damage to the batteries and potentially cause a fire hazard.

3. What type of battery should I use for a 12-24v system?

The type of battery you should use depends on your specific needs and application. Some options include lead-acid, lithium-ion, and nickel-metal hydride batteries. It is important to choose a battery with the appropriate voltage and capacity for your system.

4. Do I need a voltage regulator for a 12-24v system?

It is recommended to use a voltage regulator when connecting a 12-24v system to a battery pack. This will ensure that the voltage remains stable and prevent damage to your system.

5. How do I connect the battery pack to my system?

You will need to use appropriate wiring and connectors to connect the positive and negative terminals of the battery pack to your system. It is important to follow the proper wiring diagram and ensure all connections are secure to prevent any accidents or malfunctions.