How do electric circuits work?

In summary, the conversation involves a person seeking help with understanding electric circuits and the methods of potentials and contour currents. They mention needing information and not having attempted any equations. They are advised to do some research and read about the topics before asking specific questions.
jerrybg

Hello,I have a problem with electric circuits .Can someone explain method of potentials,method of contour currents,3 terminals:triangle and star . .Sorry for my bad language.I need information and i don't have equations attempt at a solution.!0x a lot

Physics news on Phys.org
jerrybg said:
Hello,I have a problem with electric circuits .Can someone explain method of potentials,method of contour currents,3 terminals:triangle and star . .Sorry for my bad language.I need information and i don't have equations attempt at a solution.!0x a lot

Welcome to the PF. It would be better if you did some research and reading on your own first, and then asked specific questions here if you don't understand a point in your reading.

A good place to start is www.wikipedia.org. Read about those topics there, and see how that goes.

I looked in google and a didnt find anything :(

jerrybg said:
I looked in google and a didnt find anything :(

That's impossible. You must mean you didn't find the kind of information you were looking for. What about wikipedia?

Related to How do electric circuits work?

What is an electric circuit?

An electric circuit is a path or network of electrical elements that allows electricity to flow. It typically includes a power source, conductors, and loads (such as light bulbs or motors).

What are the different types of electric circuits?

The two main types of electric circuits are series and parallel circuits. In a series circuit, the components are connected in a single loop, while in a parallel circuit, the components are connected in multiple branches.

How does electricity flow in a circuit?

Electricity flows in a circuit due to the movement of electrons. Electrons are negatively charged particles that move from the negative terminal of a power source, through the circuit, and back to the positive terminal of the power source.

What is the difference between AC and DC circuits?

AC (alternating current) circuits have electricity that flows in both directions, while DC (direct current) circuits have electricity that flows in one direction. AC circuits are commonly used for household electricity, while DC circuits are used in smaller electronic devices such as phones and laptops.

How do you calculate the voltage, current, and resistance in a circuit?

According to Ohm's law, voltage (V) is equal to the product of current (I) and resistance (R). This can be written as V = I * R. Additionally, current can be calculated by dividing the voltage (V) by the resistance (R), and resistance can be calculated by dividing the voltage (V) by the current (I).