How can I easily access a list of my own posts on this forum?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a request for a feature to have a 'My Posts' button/link that would make it easier to find a user's posts or threads. There is a suggestion to have a checkbox in the 'Find Posts By User' section that would allow users to easily search for their own posts. However, it is noted that the feature is already available by clicking on the user's name and selecting the desired option under "find more posts by [username]".
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I wish to make a request for a feature. Maybe if enough members do the same thing, it would be a benefit.

I'd like a 'My Posts' button/link.

Currently, I have to go into Advanced Search, do a 'Find Posts By User', enter my own username (it helpfully makes a call to the db to give me hints as to what 2 dozen users whose names begin with D-a-v I might like to be looking for, oblivious to the fact that it already knows who I am) and click Search.

I'd really like to see this as a one click feature.

(Failing a full implementation of it as a one-click feature, what about a checkbox in the 'Find Posts By User' that says: [_] Me! ? )

Physics news on Phys.org
The feature is already implemented, Dave. When you log on, your user name shows up in a little box on the right hand of the page (after the news links). Click on your name and you can then choose to find all your posts or just the threads started by you.

Dave, unless you are searching for specific text, and just want a list of your posts or threads, see your name on the left? Click on it, then click on "find more posts by dave", or click "view public profile", then select either "find all posts by Dave" or "select all threads started by dave"

Related to How can I easily access a list of my own posts on this forum?

1. What is "My Posts" feature request and why is it important?

"My Posts" feature request is a feature that allows users to easily access and manage their own posts on a particular platform or website. It is important because it helps users keep track of their posts and makes it easier for them to edit, delete, or organize their posts.

2. How does the "My Posts" feature work?

The "My Posts" feature typically works by creating a dedicated section or tab on the platform or website that displays all the posts made by the user. This section may also have options to filter or sort the posts based on different criteria such as date, category, or popularity. Users can then easily access and manage their posts from this section.

3. Can the "My Posts" feature be customized?

Yes, the "My Posts" feature can be customized based on the needs and preferences of the platform or website. For example, the layout and design of the section can be customized to match the overall aesthetic of the website. Additionally, the filter and sorting options can be customized to cater to the specific needs of the users.

4. Is the "My Posts" feature available on all platforms and websites?

No, the availability of the "My Posts" feature depends on the platform or website. Some platforms may already have this feature integrated, while others may not have it at all. It is important to check the features and functionality of a platform before using it to ensure that it meets your needs.

5. How can the "My Posts" feature benefit users?

The "My Posts" feature can benefit users in several ways. It allows for easy access and management of their posts, making it more convenient to edit or delete posts. It also helps users keep track of their posts, making it easier to monitor their online presence and engagement. Additionally, the feature can also save users time and effort by providing quick access to their posts without having to navigate through multiple pages or menus.