Horror Movies that give you chills

• Thread starter mieral
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movies
In summary: movie... that I've ever watched.User Reviews - The Haunting"The Haunting" is a classic horror movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It's definitely one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.
DennisN said:
I like those two movies too.

And I remembered two more movies I enjoyed:

Stir of Echoes (1999)
I remember this movie as relatively low-key horror, more psychological, and that Kevin Bacon was very good in it, and that there were some great scenes in it.
Trailer (very poor quality, sorry):

The Ninth Gate (1999)
This is not quite a horror movie, it is more a supernatural mystery thriller in which a book dealer (Johnny Depp) is hired to find a book that is said to have been written by the Devil.
Trailer:

I love that film, Ninth gate

Likes DennisN
Physics news on Phys.org
DennisN said:
I like those two movies too.

And I remembered two more movies I enjoyed:

Stir of Echoes (1999)
I remember this movie as relatively low-key horror, more psychological, and that Kevin Bacon was very good in it, and that there were some great scenes in it.
Trailer (very poor quality, sorry):

The Ninth Gate (1999)
This is not quite a horror movie, it is more a supernatural mystery thriller in which a book dealer (Johnny Depp) is hired to find a book that is said to have been written by the Devil.
Trailer:

I don't mind admitting I had a bit of a thing for the demon either.

I saw Rosemary's Baby when I was younger, and I did not enjoy it very much then, but I actually saw it again some time ago and liked it much more. Trailer:

And...
DennisN said:
Nowadays it takes a lot for a movie to scare me. I am more scared by bad scripts and bad acting :biggrin:.
But when I was younger:

Amazingly enough there will soon come a sequel to the classic The Shining, which is called "Doctor Sleep", in which Ewan McGregor plays one of the children who now is adult.
Trailer:

Likes pinball1970
DennisN said:
I saw Rosemary's Baby when I was younger, and I did not enjoy it very much then, but I actually saw it again some time ago and liked it much more. Trailer:

And...Amazingly enough there will soon come a sequel to the classic The Shining, which is called "Doctor Sleep", in which Ewan McGregor plays one of the children who now is adult.
Trailer:

Lord Crc said:
Once I see a monster it's a total turn-off. Good use of lighting, camera, sound and of course acting is all you need.

The Thing (Carpenter version) is a super example. Buckets of suspense, until that monster shows up and it all goes meh.

Session 9 is one of the few modern films that really got me scared. My gf whispered "do _not_ move" once the credits rolled. Took her several minutes to calm down, the only time she's ever done that.
"Rosemary's baby," scared the hell out of me as a kid. Thinking the devil was a real thing helped that along. Also "The Omen," for similar reasons. "When the jews return to Zion and the comet fills the sky and the holy Roman empire rises, then you and I must die..."

Also, "Dont look now," 1973

Likes DennisN
Lord Crc said:
Once I see a monster it's a total turn-off. Good use of lighting, camera, sound and of course acting is all you need.

The Thing (Carpenter version) is a super example. Buckets of suspense, until that monster shows up and it all goes meh.

Session 9 is one of the few modern films that really got me scared. My gf whispered "do _not_ move" once the credits rolled. Took her several minutes to calm down, the only time she's ever done that.
The ring got under my skin too

"Sixth Sense"

Chills come not from the ghosts
but the horrid toxic "Munchausen syndrome by Proxy" mother who poisons her child to get sympathy for herself.

Likes DennisN and pinball1970
jim hardy said:
"Sixth Sense"

but the horrid toxic "Munchausen syndrome by Proxy" mother who poisons her child to get sympathy for herself.
Fantastic film and one of the few that managed to scare the living daylights out of me at some parts and yet brought me to tears at the end.
Regarding the mother who killed the child, I thought that was just an evil step mother wanting the child out of the way?
I watched the narrated version a few years ago and there is theme I completely missed regarding red. It cropped up a few times and the mum wore red at the wake.
Anyway I digress, brilliant film and up there with Alien and the Omen

jim hardy said:
"Sixth Sense"

A great movie. Regarding "Munchausen syndrome by Proxy" I just remembered there was a very intense scene with a detective (Matthew McConaughey) and and a perpetrator in the excellent first season of True Detective:

pinball1970 said:
Anyway I digress, brilliant film and up there with Alien and the Omen
Two classics. I haven't seen Omen in a long time.

DennisN said:
Two classics. I haven't seen Omen in a long time.
I watched the 76 version this week and it is aging very well in my opinion. The remake (which I am not keen on generally for classic films) is actually very good

pinball1970 said:
Regarding the mother who killed the child, I thought that was just an evil step mother wanting the child out of the way?
IIRC she is wallowing in the attention, playing up to others for their sympathy, Manipulation and self gratification of unthinkable degree .

that was my take. I'm no psychologist, though

old jim

Likes roam and pinball1970
ISamson said:
Then Annabelle is the best movie for you. See my eralier post.

Just finished watching the latest Horrors "Child's Play" and "Annabelle Comes Homes".

A few comments.

If you want to encounter ghosts like them. Ordinary ghosts don't have the ability to move objects. Ordinary people when they died, the emotional fragments were just shells and most faculties extinguished. It is only very advanced people who can function in other planes because their higher bodies are developed enough to exhibit fuller consciousness outside of the brain.

You need to summon powerful entities (nonhuman entities that evolved in the ether) to experience the full Annabelle phenomenon. But many who did die. So never do it unless you are suicidal.

Our qualia is not just in the brain but has extension. And it is this emotional nonphysical qualia extension that I was talking about above. This will be part of science maybe 50 years from now.

Don't know about movies, but the scariest experience I had was many years ago as a teen I was reading J Campbells "The Thing" late into the night.
Mother comes into room, says its time for lights out. So I put down book, close eyes and try to sleep. Suddenly wake up to find three red eyes(as per the thing) hovering above the bed. Scared the bjs out of me. Jumped up, lights on and had to finish the story(monster killed) and slept peacefully. Did see the movie on tv a lot later, it was ok but nowhere as scary. Imagination is a wonderful thing.
Problem nowadays, I guess I'm jaded by all these socalled horror movies. I just find most of the scifi monsters too unbelievable and the plots too unreal. I only usually watch them just to see how they manage to overcome them in the end. I always find it amusing that these socalled monsters etc can't be killed by modern weapons and projectiles just bounce off yet they can penetrate better than 100mm of amour plate.

If you want to watch a really "good" "horror" movie, I recommend "Attack of the Killer Condoms".

jlcd said:
Just finished watching the latest Horrors "Child's Play" and "Annabelle Comes Homes".

A few comments.

If you want to encounter ghosts like them. Ordinary ghosts don't have the ability to move objects. Ordinary people when they died, the emotional fragments were just shells and most faculties extinguished. It is only very advanced people who can function in other planes because their higher bodies are developed enough to exhibit fuller consciousness outside of the brain.

You need to summon powerful entities (nonhuman entities that evolved in the ether) to experience the full Annabelle phenomenon. But many who did die. So never do it unless you are suicidal.

Our qualia is not just in the brain but has extension. And it is this emotional nonphysical qualia extension that I was talking about above. This will be part of science maybe 50 years from now.

If you guys want the ultimate in horrors that can send chill up your spine and give you goose bumps. Then visit good haunted houses.

To continue with above descriptions. Etheric shells were left over by ordinary folks who die. Sometimes strong emotions or feelings can be retained in the shells. This can cause apparitions or ghosts like this:

received_625789131252919.jpeg

See 12 other ghosts photos here:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katieheaney/13-incredibly-spooky-photographs-of-ghosts
Ghosts can affect humans via our qualia centres (called chakras by occultists) in our body. For drug addicts, etc. Sometimes they have holes in their chakras which enabled easy access to these ghost worlds. Ghosts with criminal tendencies can use the drug addicts to commit crimes.

Ghosts though were like schizophrenic, they don't think like us. Imagine being trapped in dream world, where only 5% of your faculties are working. Some ghosts don't even know they have died.
These are the ordinary ghosts which can only affect you via the qualia centres.

If you are bored with them. And want something more horrible that can give more chills up your spine. Then you must contact more powerful entities who can more physical manifestations. They can look like lights and orbs. Majority of genuine UFO phenonema is related to these spirits or macro poltergiests. If you live near West Virginia. Try to seek the Mothmen or other creatures related to poltergeists. Then you will experience more physical manifestations and terror that you can feel with your bones. But very often the victims die because these entities consume you in the very fabric of your being.

I don't want to seek ghosts or poltergeists. I leave this to the experts. Therefore can anyone recommend good movies like the above where you can see and feel the terror and horrors but nothing to do with them, and after finising the movies, you can take a good sleep? Some horror movies like Child's Play were boring. We need more realistic ones so it's better to have producers and script writers who have dealt with these things themselves.

American werewolf in London was a great film and one of those that has aged very well.
I also like the cameo by Rick Mayall

jlcd said:
If you guys want the ultimate in horrors that can send chill up your spine and give you goose bumps. Then visit good haunted houses.

To continue with above descriptions. Etheric shells were left over by ordinary folks who die. Sometimes strong emotions or feelings can be retained in the shells. This can cause apparitions or ghosts like this:

View attachment 246094

See 12 other ghosts photos here:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katieheaney/13-incredibly-spooky-photographs-of-ghosts
Ghosts can affect humans via our qualia centres (called chakras by occultists) in our body. For drug addicts, etc. Sometimes they have holes in their chakras which enabled easy access to these ghost worlds. Ghosts with criminal tendencies can use the drug addicts to commit crimes.

Ghosts though were like schizophrenic, they don't think like us. Imagine being trapped in dream world, where only 5% of your faculties are working. Some ghosts don't even know they have died.
These are the ordinary ghosts which can only affect you via the qualia centres.

If you are bored with them. And want something more horrible that can give more chills up your spine. Then you must contact more powerful entities who can more physical manifestations. They can look like lights and orbs. Majority of genuine UFO phenonema is related to these spirits or macro poltergiests. If you live near West Virginia. Try to seek the Mothmen or other creatures related to poltergeists. Then you will experience more physical manifestations and terror that you can feel with your bones. But very often the victims die because these entities consume you in the very fabric of your being.

I don't want to seek ghosts or poltergeists. I leave this to the experts. Therefore can anyone recommend good movies like the above where you can see and feel the terror and horrors but nothing to do with them, and after finising the movies, you can take a good sleep? Some horror movies like Child's Play were boring. We need more realistic ones so it's better to have producers and script writers who have dealt with these things themselves.

I didn't notice the Original Post has the CNN article about possession. In the past 35 years. My specialty is fixing qualia centers, for example welding the hole which can cause possession, obsession, etc. By knitting the hole, I can stop possessions. By opening the hole, I can encourage possession. I can do it at will. I have done it 35 years and so tired of doing it. There are thousands all over the world who can do it. In fact it's so successful there is a branch in every country.

Once I met this rich woman who can hear voices in her stomach. She visited the top psychiatrists in the country and even went to 4 countries to get treated. They couldn't treated her. When my clairvoyant associate saw her. He immediately saw a crack in the solar plexus chakra. He welded the hole, and after 30 minutes, the patient said she no longer heard voices. Then that very night. She combed her hair for first time in years and become rational and for the first time in 2 years and went out with her family to dinner.. to the consternation of her family and doctor. Usually she just stayed in bed or house.

Right now. There are millions and millions of patients like her who can be treated by just sealing the cracked chakra. As analogy. There was a time when antibiotic was nonexistent and simple infection can kill. We are in similar sitaution right now.

chakra1.jpg

chakra2.jpg

In neuroscience, you know our brain have neural networks. Although it is correct they dictate our thoughts. But our bodies have extensions. This is because there is non-physical realm, which partly made our qualia. Our body has natural protection or barrier against it.

chakra3.JPG

Steven Weinberg wrote in Dreams of a Final Theory that the final theory would be just for mathematical consistency and it won't affect the average man on the street. How wrong is he. It can change everything. If this can become part of mainstream physics and medical field. It can affect the lives of millions and even billions for generations to come.

Sadly, the very people who can make it happen wants to suppress it at all cost, for the sole reason they didn't understand it and don't want to understand it (for example physicists at PF). They fail to realize that this has beneficial effects even to their families or they themselves in the coarse of their lives.

For something this important. They only want this to be treated as stuff of science fiction.

So as not to be off topic and to focus on science fiction which is only as far as we can go. If you want horror experience that can give you the chill. Visit victims of possessions. Some were possesssed by powerful astral entities. Something even I am afraid to handle. I avoid cases like it mostly. I only deal with garden variety elementals (low profile). Maybe you are braver. And you can handle the more powerful ones. Some people have astral entites hosting them just like the following.

hosting.JPG

A clairvoyant Anton Styger described it: "When I see people in business or politics who are particularly trapped by the material world, for example, I notice that they no longer have any light bodies at all. In many of these people, the point of light at the heart chakra, which is otherwise always present, is no longer visible to me. Instead, I see something like a layer of ‘shiny tar’ around them in which a monstrous being in the shape of a lizard can be distinguished. When such people speak on television, for example, I see a crocodile shape manifesting itself around the person like in a concave mirror; I don’t see the light of their throat and forehead chakra.”

I guess this is horror experience that can give you the chills to the bones? This is good for those who were no longer horrified by any horror movies. Go to the real world because movies are mostly stupid metaphors and writers/producers mostly are ignorant of matters of critical importance.

The Omen 2 is a very good film also. One of those rare occasions where the sequel stands up.

jlcd said:
I didn't notice the Original Post has the CNN article about possession. In the past 35 years. My specialty is fixing qualia centers, for example welding the hole which can cause possession, obsession, etc. By knitting the hole, I can stop possessions. By opening the hole, I can encourage possession. I can do it at will. I have done it 35 years and so tired of doing it. There are thousands all over the world who can do it. In fact it's so successful there is a branch in every country.

Once I met this rich woman who can hear voices in her stomach. She visited the top psychiatrists in the country and even went to 4 countries to get treated. They couldn't treated her. When my clairvoyant associate saw her. He immediately saw a crack in the solar plexus chakra. He welded the hole, and after 30 minutes, the patient said she no longer heard voices. Then that very night. She combed her hair for first time in years and become rational and for the first time in 2 years and went out with her family to dinner.. to the consternation of her family and doctor. Usually she just stayed in bed or house.

Right now. There are millions and millions of patients like her who can be treated by just sealing the cracked chakra. As analogy. There was a time when antibiotic was nonexistent and simple infection can kill. We are in similar sitaution right now.

View attachment 246168

View attachment 246169

In neuroscience, you know our brain have neural networks. Although it is correct they dictate our thoughts. But our bodies have extensions. This is because there is non-physical realm, which partly made our qualia. Our body has natural protection or barrier against it.

View attachment 246170

Steven Weinberg wrote in Dreams of a Final Theory that the final theory would be just for mathematical consistency and it won't affect the average man on the street. How wrong is he. It can change everything. If this can become part of mainstream physics and medical field. It can affect the lives of millions and even billions for generations to come.

Sadly, the very people who can make it happen wants to suppress it at all cost, for the sole reason they didn't understand it and don't want to understand it (for example physicists at PF). They fail to realize that this has beneficial effects even to their families or they themselves in the coarse of their lives.

For something this important. They only want this to be treated as stuff of science fiction.

So as not to be off topic and to focus on science fiction which is only as far as we can go. If you want horror experience that can give you the chill. Visit victims of possessions. Some were possesssed by powerful astral entities. Something even I am afraid to handle. I avoid cases like it mostly. I only deal with garden variety elementals (low profile). Maybe you are braver. And you can handle the more powerful ones. Some people have astral entites hosting them just like the following.

View attachment 246171

A clairvoyant Anton Styger described it: "When I see people in business or politics who are particularly trapped by the material world, for example, I notice that they no longer have any light bodies at all. In many of these people, the point of light at the heart chakra, which is otherwise always present, is no longer visible to me. Instead, I see something like a layer of ‘shiny tar’ around them in which a monstrous being in the shape of a lizard can be distinguished. When such people speak on television, for example, I see a crocodile shape manifesting itself around the person like in a concave mirror; I don’t see the light of their throat and forehead chakra.”

I guess this is horror experience that can give you the chills to the bones? This is good for those who were no longer horrified by any horror movies. Go to the real world because movies are mostly stupid metaphors and writers/producers mostly are ignorant of matters of critical importance.
I was amused by your comment, 'So as not to be off topic..'

pinball1970 said:
The Omen 2 is a very good film also. One of those rare occasions where the sequel stands up.

I remember watching Omen 2 when I was about 10. At that time. These movies scared me because I was ignorant. Anti-Christ frightened me. But not anymore. We are only afraid of things we don't understand. What still scared me were movies like the Entities, or The Poltergeist. These are things I avoid in real life.

Whatever, just try to figure out how our brain produced full qualia. Then you will come face to face with the things I was describing because there is a nonphysical extension for full qualia expression.

I just finished watching Stranger Things season 3 today. It's so silly. Stuff like Event Horizon with horror creatures from other dimensions after opening portals are better. Not some stupid monsters. Any movies like Event Horizon?

Horror movies in my wish list are about concepts where human biochemical bodies were being farmed to milk negative emotions to feed the creatures from other dimenisons. So they promoted war, endless conflict, etc. so the more people suffererd and killed, the more fears got harvested to feed the entities. This is scary concept that I still can't refute beacuse we still don't have the full science of qualia.

Maybe we won't see it in our lifetime (especially when we are already 50s and physicists retired thinking the particle desert is what we faced before the Planck scale). Meantime, they say the greatest protection is purity of heart and mind. This can create very clean qualia centres that entities won't be able to feed. But what is there to harvest if Earth would be slaughterhouse for other dimensional entitie already. So maximum terror and violence was provoked and designed since the dawn of time so we won't feel unity. This is the sci-fi theme I like to watch and be terrified. Any tips of them?

jlcd said:
I remember watching Omen 2 when I was about 10. At that time. These movies scared me because I was ignorant. Anti-Christ frightened me. But not anymore. We are only afraid of things we don't understand. What still scared me were movies like the Entities, or The Poltergeist. These are things I avoid in real life.

Whatever, just try to figure out how our brain produced full qualia. Then you will come face to face with the things I was describing because there is a nonphysical extension for full qualia expression.

I just finished watching Stranger Things season 3 today. It's so silly. Stuff like Event Horizon with horror creatures from other dimensions after opening portals are better. Not some stupid monsters. Any movies like Event Horizon?

Horror movies in my wish list are about concepts where human biochemical bodies were being farmed to milk negative emotions to feed the creatures from other dimenisons. So they promoted war, endless conflict, etc. so the more people suffererd and killed, the more fears got harvested to feed the entities. This is scary concept that I still can't refute beacuse we still don't have the full science of qualia.

Maybe we won't see it in our lifetime (especially when we are already 50s and physicists retired thinking the particle desert is what we faced before the Planck scale). Meantime, they say the greatest protection is purity of heart and mind. This can create very clean qualia centres that entities won't be able to feed. But what is there to harvest if Earth would be slaughterhouse for other dimensional entitie already. So maximum terror and violence was provoked and designed since the dawn of time so we won't feel unity. This is the sci-fi theme I like to watch and be terrified. Any tips of them?
You have to be careful discussing this sort of thing on here. PF is concerned with mainstream science and what you are describing does not fall into that category.
I was raised as a Christian so the very concept of the Omen scared the living daylights out of me. It still gets to me although religion plays no part in my life.
One of the lines that gives me goosebumps is from Mrs Baylock when she is alone with Damian for the first time.
'Do not fear little one, I am here to protect thee..'

Last edited:
pinball1970 said:
You have to be careful discussing this sort of thing on here. PF is concerned with mainstream science and what you are describing does not fall into that category.
I was raised as a Christian so the very concept of the Omen scared the living daylights out of me. It still gets to me although religion plays no part in my life.
One of the lines that gives me goosebumps is from Mrs Baylock when she is alone with Damian for the first time.
'Do not fear little one, I am here to protect thee..'

Ok. I thought as a biology specialist. You only believe in the physical. It's really true about possessions, soul, and stuff.

Let's not discuss about them as this is off-topic but only how the brain as re-entrant neural network is connected to the non-physical body. What movies can give us more ideas about this?

Have you watched History channel Unidentified? They just concluded it today. I can't believe how the navy investigators could be so naive to think it's extraterrestrials when it's interdimensional.

We need to figure how the brain is connected to the non-physical body. It is the most basic that can answer the rest. So we welcome movies about qualia or /and any horrible since horrors is the topic of this thread.

jlcd said:
Ok. I thought as a biology specialist. You only believe in the physical. It's really true about possessions, soul, and stuff.

Let's not discuss about them as this is off-topic but only how the brain as re-entrant neural network is connected to the non-physical body. What movies can give us more ideas about this?

Have you watched History channel Unidentified? They just concluded it today. I can't believe how the navy investigators could be so naive to think it's extraterrestrials when it's interdimensional.

We need to figure how the brain is connected to the non-physical body. It is the most basic that can answer the rest. So we welcome movies about qualia or /and any horrible since horrors is the topic of this thread.
I was just watching your back to be honest I was not trying to be disrespectful. Fringe Science, speculative Science, paranormal and what I call Deepak Chora science has its place but it is very much frowned upon on PF.
It is not allowed because once you enter the realms of speculation, philosophy religion politics the real Science will be diluted out and the site would just become a smart face book.
Speaking from experience here as I received two warnings last year for inappropriate content, my warning points expired in December 2018 so I don't want to add to them!

Likes Bystander
pinball1970 said:
I was just watching your back to be honest I was not trying to be disrespectful. Fringe Science, speculative Science, paranormal and what I call Deepak Chora science has its place but it is very much frowned upon on PF.
It is not allowed because once you enter the realms of speculation, philosophy religion politics the real Science will be diluted out and the site would just become a smart face book.
Speaking from experience here as I received two warnings last year for inappropriate content, my warning points expired in December 2018 so I don't want to add to them!

Ok. What horror movies are like Event Horizon but occurs on earth? Stranger Things is kinda childish. It's so hot because of the portal opening another dimension story. Why didn't they use the same Hellish creatures in Event Horizon. So I want to see another like EH. It what scares me. I stopped all contacts with anything occult 15 years ago as tactical retreat because I couldn't take them anymore so just want to be entertained now only in movies.

jlcd said:

My degree was a long time ago and now I work in an area with little life science in it besides some micro and dangerous chemicals (I'm not a chemist either!)
The thing is that there is so much mind-blowing Science out there that can be demonstrated. The mathematics is exquisite and also very difficult but once you get a glimpse of it you will be hooked. Sure the brain is not fully understood but there is a whole lot known now.
I recommend life ascending chapter 10 on the 'hard' question. Nick Lane.
Now, back to the Movies.
Carrie. This is really just a bullied girl turns the tables story and I was annoyed by the ending. She deserved a second chance.
The very end ending nearly earned me a black eye, watched with my girlfriend who jumped out her skin smacking me in the face at the same time.
So...
Jaws
The Omen
Rosemary's baby
The Shining
Carrie
Alien
Edit: sixth Sense - brilliant

All 70s except Rosemary's baby 1968

Last edited:
jlcd said:
Ok. What horror movies are like Event Horizon but occurs on earth? Stranger Things is kinda childish. It's so hot because of the portal opening another dimension story. Why didn't they use the same Hellish creatures in Event Horizon. So I want to see another like EH. It what scares me. I stopped all contacts with anything occult 15 years ago as tactical retreat because I couldn't take them anymore so just want to be entertained now only in movies.
Event Horizon was good to a point then it got silly. Sam Neil is a great actor but the film just went off in my view.
I think the one with George Clooney was much more real, Polaris. That was horrific but extremely Sad at the same time.
I make sure never to watch that drunk

Last edited:
jlcd said:
There is no evidence for other dimensions as far as I can tell. The LHC found no evidence of super symmetric particles from what I have read @mfb will give you info on this. Another dimension does not mean another world, it just means another degree of freedom.

pinball1970 said:
There is no evidence for other dimensions as far as I can tell. The LHC found no evidence of super symmetric particles from what I have read @mfb will give you info on this. Another dimension does not mean another world, it just means another degree of freedom.

I was just using traditional terms pending the exact physics of it all. The series Stranger Things use the term Upside Down. I only watched Season 3. I am thinking if i should watch season 1 and 2. But I am bored with the creatures. If only they used the creatures in Event Horizon which are more realistic. About Stranger Things.
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/07/04/world/stranger-things-science-scn-trnd/index.html
"The weird Upside Down science behind 'Stranger Things'
By Ashley Strickland, CNN(CNN) — Luckily, there is no analog in our reality for the demogorgon, the Mindflayer or whatever new terrors lurk in season 3 of "Stranger Things," which premieres on Netflix on Thursday. But there are plenty of connections on the popular show to real, weird science that happens every day.
Here's a look at some of the parallels between the science we know and the science fiction of the Upside Down in "Stranger Things."
Upside Down biology

The Upside Down isn't the most hospitable place. It almost resembles something we might expect to find on another planet, which is fitting, considering it's a mirror dimension of our own. But in this parallel universe, everything is, well, a little off."

The Birds - Hitchcock's finest for me
The nightmare on Elm Street films were good but not seen them for years so they may not have aged well