Help with studying computer science

In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to become a computer expert and the recommended order for studying various computer-related topics such as data structures, operating systems, and computer networks. The conversation also mentions the importance of studying discrete math for computer science. It is suggested to look at the course offerings of various universities for guidance on the recommended sequence of courses.
Mprog
I want to become computer expert in all aspects
I know programming
I study Electrical Engineering in university and I love computers
I want to know computers in basic level
If I want to learn basic about computers what work should I do?
between data structures , operating system , computer networks and other lessons what order should read?
and what topic from math should read?
I almost know list of lessons but don't know exactly order for study them
I need professional full description
smile2.gif

Physics news on Phys.org
Does your university's computer science department or program not publish a required or recommended sequence of courses, and the topics that they cover?

If your university doesn't do this, I'm sure many universities do, so browse a few university web sites and you should get a pretty good idea. :smile:

Mprog said:
If I want to learn basic about computers what work should I do?
between data structures , operating system , computer networks and other lessons what order should read?
Provided that you have gone through at least one programming course, this would be the appropriate order:

1. Data structures
2. Computer architecture
3. Networking or operating systems (order doesn't matter for these)

Mprog said:
and what topic from math should read?
Discrete math is most useful for computer science.

You should follow jtbell's advice and look at the courses for your computer science subjects.

They should have courses on the topics you have spoken about.

Related to Help with studying computer science

1. What are some effective study strategies for computer science?

Effective study strategies for computer science include breaking down complex concepts into smaller parts, practicing coding regularly, and actively engaging with the material through hands-on projects and exercises. Additionally, reviewing notes and seeking help from peers or instructors can also aid in understanding and retaining information.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in computer science?

Improving problem-solving skills in computer science involves practicing algorithms and coding challenges, as well as approaching problems systematically by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable steps. Additionally, seeking out challenging projects and actively seeking feedback and guidance can also help improve problem-solving abilities.

3. What resources are available to help with studying computer science?

There are many resources available to help with studying computer science, such as online tutorials, coding bootcamps, textbooks, and study groups. Additionally, many universities and colleges offer support services for students studying computer science, such as tutoring and study groups.

4. How can I stay motivated while studying computer science?

Staying motivated while studying computer science can be challenging, but setting specific goals, taking breaks when needed, and seeking out support from peers and instructors can help. It can also be helpful to remind yourself of the potential career opportunities and the satisfaction of solving complex problems that come with studying computer science.

5. Are there any specific areas of computer science that I should focus on?

It ultimately depends on your personal interests and career goals. However, some key areas of computer science to focus on include programming languages, computer architecture, data structures and algorithms, and software development. It can also be beneficial to gain a basic understanding of areas such as artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and database management.