Help: Sound created over/in subspace? (SciFi)

In summary, the individual is asking if it is possible to create sound over or in subspace, despite knowing only basic high school physics and chemistry. They are curious about the concept of using radar or other methods to detect frequencies and disturbances over long distances. However, they acknowledge that this is only a concept in science fiction and may not be scientifically feasible. They express their interest in the possibilities of science fiction and its potential to become reality.
skycaptainty
Help: Sound created over/in subspace? (SciFi)

I know nothing, called basic high school physics and chemistry. However, do not hold back in your answers I do find ways to comprehend what people tell me.

This might be a silly question but since audible "sounds" can't travel over empty 3dimensional space and there is no such thing as sub-space would it be possible to "hear" frequencies and disturbances somehow use a "radar" other than radio telescopes over extreme distances?

I know I am only thinking in waves and not other energy forms but this is the basics of my (lack of) knowledge. This is SciFi but I am pretty serious as to where this answer takes me. Science Fiction always amazes me because it's only fiction for a small amount of time. Compared to civilization and even the universes timeline.

Thanks and I hope I am not wasting your relative time!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

There is no such thing as Sub-Space. It is pure fiction, invented to allow FTL travel and communication and etc. Nor do we know of any other dimensions other than the standard 3 for space and 1 for time.

Thanks!

Related to Help: Sound created over/in subspace? (SciFi)

1. How is sound created over/in subspace?

Sound in subspace is created through the interaction of energy particles with the subspace medium. This interaction generates vibrations that travel through the medium and are perceived as sound by beings within the subspace.

2. Is sound in subspace similar to sound in our physical world?

No, sound in subspace is not the same as sound in our physical world. It is a unique type of sound that is not affected by physical barriers or distance. It can also travel faster than the speed of light.

3. Can all beings hear sound in subspace?

Not all beings have the ability to hear sound in subspace. It is a skill that is often developed through training or genetic modifications. However, some beings may have natural abilities that allow them to hear sound in subspace without any training.

4. Can sound in subspace be used for communication?

Yes, sound in subspace can be used for communication between beings within the subspace. It is often used by advanced civilizations as a way to communicate over vast distances and bypass physical barriers.

5. Is sound in subspace dangerous?

Sound in subspace is not inherently dangerous, but it can be used as a weapon if manipulated by advanced technology. It can also be overwhelming for those who are not used to hearing it, as it can be much louder and more intense than sound in our physical world.