Good book for me to review general math

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for recommendations for a book to review general math topics that are their weakest points. The person responding suggests checking out the book 'Algebra Demystified' and mentions using the internet if the library does not have enough resources.
mugzieee
Can anyone recommend a good book for me to review general math such as fractions, decimals, percenttages, and division etc.. those are my weakest points in math, and I would like to strenghten them a bit.

Physics news on Phys.org
I hadn't taken a math class in 3 years when I took algebra last semester. So before I went to class I checked out a few books the week before class to re-establish anything I may have lost. I checked out both algebra books entitled 'Demystified'. I would recommend 'Algebra Demystified' for you. I didn't read much of it, but from what I remember I didn't read it becuase it dealt with fractions, decimals, and perecentages which I was already good with.

If your library does not carry suffecient math books for your study, try the internet. http://www.opendirectory.com

I would recommend "Basic Math and Pre-Algebra for Dummies" by Mark Zegarelli as a great resource for reviewing general math concepts such as fractions, decimals, percentages, and division. This book is written in a clear and easy-to-understand format, making it perfect for anyone looking to strengthen their math skills. Additionally, it includes plenty of practice problems and explanations to help solidify your understanding of these important concepts. I believe this book would be a valuable tool in improving your math skills.

Related to Good book for me to review general math

1. What is the best general math book for review?

There is no one "best" book for everyone, as it depends on your personal learning style and the specific topics you need to review. Some popular options include "Basic Mathematics" by Serge Lang, "Mathematics: Its Content, Methods, and Meaning" by A. D. Aleksandrov, and "General Mathematics: Revision and Practice" by David Rayner.

2. Do I need any prior knowledge to use a general math review book?

It depends on the book, but most general math review books assume that you have at least a basic understanding of arithmetic and algebra. If you are completely new to math, you may want to start with a more introductory book before moving on to a general review.

3. Are there any online resources or apps that can help me review general math?

Yes, there are many online resources and apps that can supplement your book review. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Mathisfun.com, and Mathway.

4. How long does it typically take to complete a review of general math?

The length of time it takes to complete a review of general math will vary depending on your current level of understanding and the depth of the review you are undertaking. It could take anywhere from a few weeks to several months.

5. Can I use a general math review book for test preparation?

Yes, a general math review book can be a great resource for test preparation. However, make sure to check the specific topics and skills covered in the book against the content of the test you are preparing for, as they may not align perfectly.