Get Started With Quantum Physics: Books & Websites

In summary, the person is seeking recommendations for both mathematical and popular science books on quantum physics. They are an intermediate student without a specialized background in physics. They are not looking for textbooks, but rather books written for the general public.
gdpudasaini
Help me please...

Can anyone suggest me the books and websites that gives me the basic idea of quantum physics? I will be very greatful to him.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you looking for textbooks, or more along the lines of non-mathematical, popular science books?

Further to G01's point, we need to know what level of study you are at, if you are seeking advice for textbooks. It will be useful if you can give us as much information you can give us about your physics and mathematics background as you can.

I am a intermediate student and haven't specialized in physics yet. I have no detail knowledge in physics yet I want both mathematical book and popular books written for general public. By the way I am not in search of textbooks. Please don't suggest be the textbooks please...

Related to Get Started With Quantum Physics: Books & Websites

1. What is quantum physics?

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy at a microscopic level. It explains how particles such as atoms and subatomic particles behave and interact with each other.

2. Why is it important to learn about quantum physics?

Quantum physics has had a significant impact on our understanding of the universe and has led to the development of many technologies, including computers, lasers, and medical imaging devices. It also helps us understand the fundamental laws of nature and the behavior of matter and energy at a fundamental level.

3. What are some good books to get started with quantum physics?

Some popular books for beginners in quantum physics include "Quantum Physics for Dummies" by Steve Holzner, "Introducing Quantum Theory" by J.P. McEvoy and Oscar Zarate, and "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman.

4. Are there any websites that can help me learn about quantum physics?

Yes, there are many websites that offer resources and tutorials on quantum physics. Some popular ones include Khan Academy, Quantum Diaries, and MIT OpenCourseWare.

5. Do I need a background in physics to understand quantum physics?

While a background in physics can be helpful, it is not necessary to understand the basics of quantum physics. Many resources, such as books and websites, are designed for beginners and do not require prior knowledge of physics. However, a basic understanding of mathematics, particularly algebra and calculus, is recommended for a better understanding of quantum physics concepts.