Gaussian pulse equation in Laser?

In summary, the individual wants to use a pulse current instead of continuous current in the Laser rate equation and is asking for the equation for the Gaussian expression when the continuous current is swapped with pulsed current and implemented in Matlab. They also ask for a reference for the Gaussian distribution equation provided in a PDF file.
oronno
I want to use a pulse current instead of continuous current in the Laser rate equation as input.

What would be the equation for the Gaussian expression when I'll swap the continuous current with pulsed current in my equation and implement it in Matlab?

please let me know the ans if u have any

Physics news on Phys.org
See attached pdf for the standard notation for a normalized Gaussian pulse.

Attachments

• Gaussian pulse.pdf
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,285
Thank you very much dear... I will try to code it in my equation and let you know If it works or not very soon.

I have one more question for you, please reply...

the PDF file you sent me... what is the reference of the equation? Because I will have to quote the reference in my project as well.

Thank you very very much

The PDF is the definition of a Gaussian distribution I have known for over 40 years. I don't know exactly when or where I got it. Do you want a derivation of it or a reference to a statement of it? There are several statements of it on the web.

Read this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

Last edited:

Related to Gaussian pulse equation in Laser?

1. What is the Gaussian pulse equation in Laser?

The Gaussian pulse equation in Laser is a mathematical equation that describes the behavior of a Gaussian-shaped pulse of light in a laser beam. It takes into account the spatial and temporal characteristics of the pulse, including its amplitude, width, and center frequency.

2. How is the Gaussian pulse equation derived?

The Gaussian pulse equation is derived from the general wave equation, which describes the propagation of waves in a medium. It is a special case of the paraxial wave equation, which assumes that the beam is narrow and propagating in the direction of its axis.

3. What are the key parameters in the Gaussian pulse equation?

The key parameters in the Gaussian pulse equation include the pulse amplitude, width, and center frequency. These parameters determine the shape and behavior of the pulse, and can be adjusted by changing the laser's properties or the medium through which the pulse is traveling.

4. What is the significance of the Gaussian pulse equation in laser technology?

The Gaussian pulse equation is significant in laser technology because it allows us to accurately predict and control the behavior of a Gaussian pulse in a laser beam. This is important for applications such as laser cutting, welding, and medical procedures, where precise control of the laser pulse is essential.

5. What are some limitations of the Gaussian pulse equation?

The Gaussian pulse equation assumes a perfect Gaussian shape for the pulse, which may not always be the case in real-world situations. It also does not take into account nonlinear effects, such as self-focusing, which can affect the pulse's behavior. Additionally, it is only applicable to Gaussian-shaped pulses and cannot accurately describe other types of pulses, such as rectangular or triangular pulses.