Finding Optimism in Big Hero 6: A Reflection

• Thread starter Algr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reflection
In summary, the conversation touched on the film Big Hero 6, comparing it to other movies like Interstellar and Dr. Who. It was noted that the film shares an optimistic view of the future and a realistic portrayal of science development. However, there were some criticisms, such as the use of nanobots and changes from the original comics. The conversation also mentioned the film's box office success and the opinion of a 7 year old versus an adult's opinion.
Algr
In reference to sarcasm in another thread, no it is NOT as good as Interstellar. But it was a quite good film for the most part. It actually shares the optimism about the future that is much needed lately, as well as a fairly realistic picture of what science development is like. (Compared to Dr Who, which lately seems to have learned physics from Harry Potter.)

I liked the floating wind turbines above San Frantokyo, but I couldn't help wondering what fraction of the public would understand what they were supposed to be.

The only big problem for me: Hero's nanobots were so powerful at the beginning that I couldn't help wondering what he even needed to go to college for. It seems they also made some rather huge changed from the comics, so Marvel fans might not be happy.

Physics news on Phys.org
Algr said:
In reference to sarcasm in another thread, no it is NOT as good as Interstellar.
Well, that's YOUR opinion. Personally, I and all of the other 7 year olds there liked it better.

I don't put any stock in that kind of stat. Guardians of the Galaxy got huge $$$ the first weekend and I thought it was really bad.

Related to Finding Optimism in Big Hero 6: A Reflection

What is the main message of "Finding Optimism in Big Hero 6: A Reflection"?

The main message of "Finding Optimism in Big Hero 6: A Reflection" is that even in the face of tragedy and loss, there is always hope and optimism to be found if we look for it.

How does the film "Big Hero 6" convey this message?

The film conveys this message through the character of Hiro, who initially struggles with the loss of his brother but ultimately finds hope and purpose in becoming a hero and using his skills for good.

What scientific principles are explored in "Finding Optimism in Big Hero 6: A Reflection"?

One scientific principle explored in the reflection is the concept of resilience, or the ability to bounce back from difficult situations. Another principle is the power of positive thinking and finding optimism in the face of adversity.

How does this film relate to real-life experiences?

The themes of loss, grief, and finding hope and optimism in difficult times are universal and can be relatable to anyone who has experienced a tragic event or setback in their life.

What can we learn from "Finding Optimism in Big Hero 6: A Reflection"?

We can learn that even in the darkest of times, there is always a glimmer of hope and it is important to hold onto that hope and seek out the positive aspects of any situation. Additionally, the film teaches us the importance of having a support system and surrounding ourselves with people who believe in us and our potential.