Fantastic Beasts .... (spoilers) .... will this work?

• Thread starter Noisy Rhysling
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, there are three trailers for the upcoming 'Fantastic Beasts' sequels and there is speculation about whether the overarching plot is strong enough to support five films. Some argue that 'Pirates of the Caribbean' has done well with less material, but it may not have the same fan base as the Potterverse. Some people have already seen the first movie and enjoyed it, noting that the characters are socially awkward and the film has a more mature tone than the Harry Potter films. However, others were bothered by the main character's body language.
Physics news on Phys.org
Noisy Rhysling said:
So, can they pull off five films? Is the overarching plot coherent and deep enough to justify that?
Don't see why not. "Pirates of the Caribbean" is doing as much with less.

Bystander said:
Don't see why not. "Pirates of the Caribbean" is doing as much with less.
True, but PotC doesn't have quite the rabid following of the Potterverse.

Noisy Rhysling said:
True, but PotC doesn't have quite the rabid following of the Potterverse.
QED.

Bystander said:
QED.
My implication was there are a poo-poo load more critics out there for the Potterverse.

Noisy Rhysling said:
more critics out there for the Potterverse.
Ah, so.

I saw it, I liked it. I'd watch more, I certainly appreciated that the main characters were all socially awkward without any sort of "coming out of their shell" subplot. It also felt more adult than the Harry Potter films, or at least the first 5 of them.

Likes Noisy Rhysling
Ryan_m_b said:
I saw it, I liked it. I'd watch more, I certainly appreciated that the main characters were all socially awkward without any sort of "coming out of their shell" subplot. It also felt more adult than the Harry Potter films, or at least the first 5 of them.
I was a little irked by Scamander's body language. It makes me nervous when someone won't look me in the eye.

101 spoilers, you've been warned.

Related to Fantastic Beasts .... (spoilers) .... will this work?

1. What are the "Fantastic Beasts" movies about?

The "Fantastic Beasts" movies are a spin-off of the popular "Harry Potter" series and follow the adventures of Newt Scamander, a magizoologist, and his encounters with various magical creatures in the wizarding world.

2. Are there any spoilers for the "Fantastic Beasts" movies?

As a scientist, I cannot give away any spoilers for the "Fantastic Beasts" movies. However, I can assure you that each movie is filled with exciting and unexpected twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat!

3. Will the "Fantastic Beasts" movies work as standalone films, or do I need to watch the "Harry Potter" series first?

The "Fantastic Beasts" movies can be enjoyed as standalone films, but having some knowledge of the "Harry Potter" series will enhance your understanding and enjoyment of the wizarding world and its magical creatures.

4. Are there any connections between the "Fantastic Beasts" movies and the "Harry Potter" series?

Yes, the "Fantastic Beasts" movies are set in the same wizarding world as the "Harry Potter" series and feature some familiar characters, such as Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald. There are also references and connections to events that occur in the "Harry Potter" series.

5. Will the "Fantastic Beasts" movies continue to expand the wizarding world, or is there a set number of films planned?

Currently, there are five "Fantastic Beasts" movies planned, with the third installment set to release in 2022. However, the wizarding world is vast, and there is always the potential for more stories and adventures to be explored in future films.