Exploring the Mysteries of Gravity: From the Higgs Field to Spaghettification

In summary, the speaker is writing a senior project on the Higgs Boson and needs another research paper to accompany it. They are unable to write about any topics already mentioned in their paper and are seeking suggestions for related topics. A possible suggestion is to explain the difference between the Higgs boson and the Higgs field, which can be confusing for non-experts. Another suggestion is to discuss the role of the Higgs field in gravity, specifically in relation to tidal gravity and its effects near black holes.
Biscuit
For my senior project I am writing a paper on the Higgs Boson. Whatever project we decide to do we have to have an accompanying research paper. I am unable to write about anything that I mention in my paper (everything involving the Higgs). What are some related topics that I could do my second paper on.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, if you haven't already covered it, how about an explanation of the difference between the Higgs boson and the Higgs field? That is something that is subject to a lot of confusion among laymen.

If that doesn't work then how about, since the HIggs field endows particles with mass, a discourse on gravity with emphasis on tidal gravity and how it causes spahettification near the Event Horizon of small black holes (or near the singularity of large black holes) ?

Likes Dr. Courtney

Related to Exploring the Mysteries of Gravity: From the Higgs Field to Spaghettification

1. What is a senior project research paper?

A senior project research paper is a comprehensive and in-depth academic paper that is typically completed during the final year of a student's undergraduate studies. It serves as a culmination of their academic experience and demonstrates their ability to conduct independent research and analysis on a chosen topic.

2. How do I choose a topic for my senior project research paper?

Choosing a topic for your senior project research paper can be a daunting task. It is important to select a topic that you are passionate about and that aligns with your interests and future career goals. You can also seek guidance from your professors or academic advisors for suggestions and ideas.

3. What is the format and structure of a senior project research paper?

The format and structure of a senior project research paper may vary depending on the requirements of your academic institution or specific program. However, it typically includes an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. It is important to follow any specific guidelines provided by your professor or department.

4. How do I conduct research for my senior project research paper?

Conducting research for a senior project research paper involves gathering and analyzing information from various sources such as books, scholarly articles, and credible websites. It is important to use reliable and up-to-date sources and properly cite them in your paper. You can also consult with your professor or a librarian for assistance with research methods.

5. What are the benefits of completing a senior project research paper?

Completing a senior project research paper offers numerous benefits, including developing critical thinking and analytical skills, gaining a deeper understanding of a chosen topic, and demonstrating your academic abilities to potential employers or graduate programs. It also serves as a valuable addition to your resume or graduate school application.