Exploring the Fun of Alternate Realities: A Retrospective

• Thread starter rootone
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fun
In summary, Red Dwarf is a sitcom series that is heavily laced with nerd jokes. It was a good read and a good watch.
rootone
Does anyone else remember that?
Humor really, and a sort of a piss take on Star trek.
But fun fun fun, lots of explosions and stuff.
People talking to their possible alternative selves and so on.

Likes almostvoid
Physics news on Phys.org
Does anyone??
To this day all smegheads smoke an extra kipper every breakfast hoping for Ace Rimmer to return. (what a guy!)

Likes almostvoid, Drakkith, Bystander and 1 other person
I've got series I-XIII on DVD, "Back to Earth" and series X-XI on blue-ray. Series XII is due to come out in the fall.

Yeah just watched SE4S05 for the first time . missed some of it the first time round.
'That's what happened if ...'

was good for a giggle :)

Yeah, I missed some of the original ones, but now have the full set.
Not so sure about the idea of a video game version now available, but well maybe I'll think about that.
Really it's just a fantastic sitcom series heavily laced with nerd jokes.
I did feel sorry for dispensing machine *23 though on discovering that Dave was lying about the coffee being so great.

I watched most of the series, and have the books as well. It was a good read and a good watch.

Just picked it up, been "binge-watching." :partytime:

I and a bunch of the programmers who worked for me use to watch it together over beer and pretzels. We loved it. This was something like 25 years ago I think.

phinds said:
I and a bunch of the programmers who worked for me use to watch it together over beer and pretzels. We loved it. This was something like 25 years ago I think.
That's around the time I was introduced to it, quite by accident. We were up in Washington visiting my Mom and sister for the weekend. I was flipping through channels and came across the start of the first episode, and got hooked. By shear chance, this was the weekend that the local public broadcasting station was doing its pledge drive. A part of that included a Red Dwarf Marathon, and this was the only time they showed Red Dwarf.

I was amazed at the plots for each episode. Especially after series III. The one where time is going backwards--- I shall say no more. That episode milked every thing possible. The part when the Cat-----precious.

It regularly made appearances on some of the half dozen or so available PBS stations when I lived in NYC in the 1990s. Watched it when it was on, then, and enjoyed it very much. Long time since I have seen it, however.

diogenesNY

Related to Exploring the Fun of Alternate Realities: A Retrospective

1. What is the purpose of this retrospective on alternate realities?

The purpose of this retrospective is to explore the concept of alternate realities and the potential for fun and imagination within these worlds.

2. How is this retrospective relevant to scientific research?

This retrospective delves into the scientific theories and possibilities of alternate realities, providing a unique perspective for further research and exploration in this field.

3. Are there any real-life examples of alternate realities?

While the existence of alternate realities is still a topic of debate, there have been instances of individuals claiming to have experienced alternate realities through dreams or altered states of consciousness.

4. What makes alternate realities so intriguing to study?

Alternate realities offer endless possibilities for exploration and discovery, challenging our understanding of the world and pushing the boundaries of our imagination.

5. How can we apply the concept of alternate realities in our daily lives?

By exploring alternate realities, we can expand our creativity and problem-solving skills, as well as gain a deeper understanding of our own reality and the potential for different outcomes and perspectives.