Exploring Computer Engineering Courses: Self-Study vs. Classes After High School

In summary, for computer engineering courses such as Bachelor of Computer Applications, Bachelor in Computer Science, and Bachelor of Technology, self-study is not sufficient and classes are required. These courses typically include subjects such as physics, chemistry, maths, and computer science, which are foundational for computer engineering. It is not possible to receive a Bachelor's degree from a reputable university or school by only doing self-study. However, it may be possible to self-study for lower-level courses and take a test to skip them, but this is usually limited and does not count towards the required credits for the degree.
sukalp
i wanted to ask you after high school passing grade 12
when we do computer engineering courses like Bachelor of computer applications, Bachelor in computer science,,B of technology

we can do self study or classes is required for these courses

as computer engineering courses will have subjects like physics,chemistry,maths so we had in high school also so we if know physics,chemistry,maths,computer science very well so as a fundamental or foundation for computer engineering
we can do computer engineering courses subjects by self study

Physics news on Phys.org
As I understand it, you cannot receive a Bachelor's of anything without completing the requirements specific to that course and university/school. This almost always involves 100+ credits received by passing courses offered by that university or school or by completing equivalent courses in other universities and schools and transferring those credits over to the new one.

You cannot receive a Bachelor's degree from any respectable university of school by doing self-study.

Having said that, you might be able to self-study for a particular low-level course and take a test to skip it. Doing so can let you bypass certain prerequisites and move on to other classes, but this is almost always limited to lower-level courses, not upper-level ones, and usually doesn't count towards the number of credits your degree requires.

Likes sukalp
Drakkith said:
As I understand it, you cannot receive a Bachelor's of anything without completing the requirements specific to that course and university/school. This almost always involves 100+ credits received by passing courses offered by that university or school or by completing equivalent courses in other universities and schools and transferring those credits over to the new one.

You cannot receive a Bachelor's degree from any respectable university of school by doing self-study.

Having said that, you might be able to self-study for a particular low-level course and take a test to skip it. Doing so can let you bypass certain prerequisites and move on to other classes, but this is almost always limited to lower-level courses, not upper-level ones, and usually doesn't count towards the number of credits your degree requires.
thanks sir

Related to Exploring Computer Engineering Courses: Self-Study vs. Classes After High School

1. What is the difference between self-study and taking classes after high school for computer engineering courses?

Self-study involves learning on your own through online resources, books, and practice while taking classes after high school involves attending lectures, completing assignments, and studying with a group of peers.

2. Which option is better for learning computer engineering?

It ultimately depends on your learning style and preferences. Some people may prefer the structure and guidance of classes, while others may thrive with the flexibility of self-study. Both options have their own advantages and disadvantages.

3. Can I still get a job in computer engineering if I choose to self-study instead of taking classes?

Yes, it is possible to get a job in computer engineering with self-study. However, taking classes can provide you with a formal education and a degree, which may make it easier to find job opportunities and advance in your career.

4. Are there any prerequisites for self-studying computer engineering?

There are no specific prerequisites for self-studying computer engineering, but having a strong foundation in math and problem-solving skills can be helpful. It is also important to have access to resources such as textbooks and online courses.

5. How can I decide which option is right for me?

Consider your learning style, schedule, and goals when deciding between self-study and classes. If you prefer a structured environment and have the time and resources to attend classes, that may be the best option for you. If you prefer flexibility and have the motivation to learn on your own, self-study may be a better fit. It is also important to research the curriculum and requirements for both options to make an informed decision.