Dr. Who fans: Season two begins on SciFi

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scifi
In summary, the next season of "Doctor Who" starts around Christmas in the US, but it is behind in the UK. There are 8 Doctors in total, and the current one is #2. The original series ended on #7 and the new series started with #9.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Tomorrow at 8/7C
http://www.scifi.com/doctorwho/

Physics news on Phys.org
is that a season behind from the uk? because i heard over hear the next season starts around christmas, not sure what season were on, but ye love dr who

alias25 said:
is that a season behind from the uk? because i heard over hear the next season starts around christmas, not sure what season were on, but ye love dr who
Yes, there is a temporal delay between the UK and US - in both directions. :smile:

Yep, season two begins with the Christmas Invasion and David Tennant as the new Doctor.

I noticed a timely line: The PM [female] tells the US President [male] that he's not her boss and he's not going to start a war!

Last edited:
It is a rare occasion that I watch TV, but this thread made me miss Dr. Who (which I hadn't seen in 20 years). I went to my neighbor's basement to see what the good Dr is up to.

Nice effects, but jeez, is there a lot of story padding or what? Did they take a half hour of no-commercial British show and stretch it into a one-hour with commercials for our "benefit"?

How many Dr.s have there been now. "Who" has been counting?

IIRC, the original series ended on Who #7 - the last regeneration possible. In the new series, this is #2.

One thing that I like about the new series is that we finally managed to escape the collection of planets that all look amazingly like 16th century England!

I had thought more than 6 regenerations were possible, they mentioned it in an episode long ago I think.

Tennant is the 10th. The tv series ended with McCoy, the seventh. There was the ill fated tv movie with Paul McGann (from "Withnail and I" fame) as the eighth doctor. It wasn't the greatest, with Julie Roberts brother portrarying The Master, but I thought McGann made a good doctor and was dissapointed it didn't turn into a series.

the new series (new to North America at least) starts on CBC on the 9th.

shmoe said:
Tennant is the 10th. The tv series ended with McCoy, the seventh. There was the ill fated tv movie with Paul McGann (from "Withnail and I" fame) as the eighth doctor. It wasn't the greatest, with Julie Roberts brother portrarying The Master, but I thought McGann made a good doctor and was dissapointed it didn't turn into a series.
Both of the actors from "Withnail and I" went on to play Dr. Who . I never saw either one in the role, but that movie is one of the best films ever made.

"We've gone on holiday. By mistake."

I loved Withnail and I. Richard E. Grant was the voice of the Doctor in an animated series and played him in some kind of comedy special I've never seen. I had heard he was a candidate for the Doctor in season 1 of the new series and thought he would be excellent. Eccleston was great though. Maybe Grant will get a chance at the new series at some point.

Related to Dr. Who fans: Season two begins on SciFi

1. Who is the main character in "Dr. Who" season two?

The main character in "Dr. Who" season two is the Ninth Doctor, played by Christopher Eccleston. He is a time-traveling alien known as a Time Lord who goes on adventures through time and space.

2. Do I need to watch the first season to understand season two?

While it is helpful to have watched the first season, each season of "Dr. Who" has its own standalone story arc. Season two introduces a new companion and delves into the Doctor's backstory, so it may be helpful to have some background knowledge, but it is not necessary.

3. How many episodes are in season two of "Dr. Who"?

There are 13 episodes in season two of "Dr. Who". This includes the Christmas special, "The Christmas Invasion", which serves as the introduction to the Tenth Doctor.

4. Is season two of "Dr. Who" on SciFi different from the original version?

Season two of "Dr. Who" on SciFi is the same as the original version. However, some episodes may have been edited for time or content, as is common with international broadcasts.

5. When does season two of "Dr. Who" begin on SciFi?

Season two of "Dr. Who" begins on SciFi on April 15th at 9/8c. This is the same date and time as the original UK broadcast of the season. Episodes will continue to air on Fridays at the same time until the season finale.