Couple REU recommendation letter questions

In summary, the conversation discusses various aspects of applying for summer research programs, such as preparing envelopes for recommendation letters, reminding professors to submit letters, sending in letters before filling out an application, and getting a good recommendation from a math professor. The general consensus is that it is a good idea to prepare envelopes for professors and remind them to submit letters, email is an acceptable form of reminder, it is okay to send in letters before an application, and it is important to give the professor a copy of your transcript and discuss your future plans in order to get a strong recommendation letter.
paridiso
This is for REU and other summer research programs.

1) If the program requires letters to be mailed in, should you go out and prepare the envelopes and buy stamps for the professor? In high school they had us do this but I'm unsure of how it works in college.

2) What would be a nice way of reminding professors to send in the letter?

3) Is it ok to send in a letter to a school before I filled out their application?

4) I may need to ask my math professor to write me a recommendation. I'm an engineering & physics double major. What should I talk to him about to get him to write me a decent recommendation letter?

Thanks guys.

Physics news on Phys.org
1) It's a nice thing to do, and it makes it a lot easier for them to submit.
2) Email is fine. 'Just a reminder, the letter of recommendation you agreed to write for me is due in two weeks for the ____ program.
3) Yes, they'll just start a file.
4) Give him a copy of your transcript (unofficial is fine) and discuss why you want the internship and what your future plans are (grad school and beyond) so he has an idea of what you're shooting for.

Related to Couple REU recommendation letter questions

1. What is a Couple REU recommendation letter?

A Couple REU recommendation letter is a letter of recommendation written by a scientist or professor for a couple who are both applying to a Research Experience for Undergraduates program. It serves as a way for the couple to showcase their qualifications and potential for success in the program.

2. Who should write a Couple REU recommendation letter?

A Couple REU recommendation letter should be written by someone who knows the couple well and can speak to their academic abilities, research experience, and personal qualities. This could be a professor, research advisor, or mentor.

3. What should be included in a Couple REU recommendation letter?

A Couple REU recommendation letter should include an introduction of the couple and their relationship, a description of their academic and research experience, specific examples of their skills and strengths, and a personal endorsement of their potential for success in the REU program.

4. How should a Couple REU recommendation letter be submitted?

A Couple REU recommendation letter should be submitted through the designated application portal or email address provided by the REU program. It is important to follow any specific instructions or guidelines provided by the program.

5. Is it necessary for both members of the couple to have a recommendation letter?

Yes, it is necessary for both members of the couple to have a recommendation letter. This allows the REU program to have a better understanding of the couple as individuals and as a team, and can strengthen their application overall.