Complete Physics Studies: Sign Up for 4th Year Specialization

In summary: So it seems like you have taken some of these courses.From your beginning, it seems like you have taken some of these courses. However, you are not responding to the question of if it is too much. It would be helpful if you could clarify what you are taking and not taking so people can give you more accurate advice.
hagopbul
i am studing physics and i
1st year:
Introduction to physics I
Introduction to physics II
Mathematic (matrixes)
Mathematic (Calculus & Analysis)
Mathematic (matrixes & Vectors)
Mathematic (probability theory)
Introduction to chemistry & Thermodynamics
Introduction to nuclear physics
Magnetism & electricity part I
Electrical networks.
Classic light theory

2nd year:
Thermodynamics
Analysis & static mechanics
Introduction to quantum theories
Magnetism & electricity part II (advanced)
Classic electromagnetism theory
Mathematic (complex numbers)
Waves & vibration
Advanced Mathematic
Basic of computer
Computer programming
Mathematic (statistics science)

3rd year:
Quantum mechanics part I
Quantum mechanics part II
Electrodynamics
General theory of relativity
Mathematic (error functions)
Advanced thermodynamics (Fermi-Dirac, Bose-Einstein, maxwal- )
Light & laser physics
Nuclear physics
Mathematic (special functions: gamma, beta, etc…)
Introduction to solid State physics
Solid State physics part I
Electronics part I
Statistic Physics

I finished all this Courses
So what I need in the 4th year To specialize in solid state physics

and thank you for your help.:rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you planning to become an experimentalist or a theorist? From your coursework to date, I would infer that you are planning to become a theorist. In that case, you will at least want to take graduate-level classical mechanics, classical electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, and solid-state/condensed-matter. I have heard that some background quantum field theory may be helpful as well. Additional coursework can be chosen based on your desired specialization within solid-state (semiconductors, magnetic materials, superconductivity, etc.)

Wow...that's a lot of courses... :rolleyes:

Don't you need to take classes in literature, social science, etc?

Is it even possible to take all those courses? Most schools require you to look pass your field and the second question is why? You are taking on a stress level that is not needed or advisable.

that load looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.

Yowhatsupt said:
that load looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.

from his post i gather it already happened.

thank you all
and yes the heart attack is coming in the 4th year
because i am Signing up for 10 classes but i don't know what i chous?

Last edited:
hagopbul said:
thank you all
and yes the heart attack is coming in the 4th year
because i am Signing up for 10 classes but i don't know what i chous?

There's no way you can learn all of those subjects thoroughly and deeply when taking so many courses...take a lighter load so you can think about the subject matter with a little more depth.

Why not just add PhD thesis in year 4 and be done with it?

I'm going to have to agree with cyrus, assuming you want to be a successful physicist.

But I'm confused - have you taken all these courses or not? Your beginning says you 'sign up for this courses,' and ask if it is too much, but then say 'I finished all this courses.'

Related to Complete Physics Studies: Sign Up for 4th Year Specialization

1. What is the purpose of signing up for a 4th year specialization in Complete Physics Studies?

The purpose of signing up for a 4th year specialization in Complete Physics Studies is to deepen your knowledge and skills in the field of physics. This specialization allows you to focus on a specific area of physics and gain a deeper understanding of its principles and applications.

2. What topics are covered in the Complete Physics Studies specialization?

The Complete Physics Studies specialization covers a wide range of topics including classical mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and modern physics. It also includes hands-on laboratory experiments and research projects to enhance your practical skills.

3. What are the benefits of completing a 4th year specialization in Complete Physics Studies?

Completing a 4th year specialization in Complete Physics Studies can provide you with several benefits. It can help you stand out in the job market, as it demonstrates a high level of expertise and dedication to the field of physics. It can also prepare you for advanced graduate studies or research positions in academia or industry.

4. Can I take the Complete Physics Studies specialization if I have a different undergraduate degree?

Yes, you can still take the Complete Physics Studies specialization even if you have a different undergraduate degree. However, you may be required to take prerequisite courses to ensure you have the necessary foundation in physics before starting the specialization.

5. How can I sign up for the Complete Physics Studies specialization?

To sign up for the Complete Physics Studies specialization, you will need to apply to an accredited university or institution that offers this program. You can check their website for specific application requirements and deadlines. Once accepted, you can then enroll in the specialization courses as part of your 4th year curriculum.