Cell Phone in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

In summary, the conversation is about the Nokia cellphone seen in the movie "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and whether it exists in real life. The model number is believed to be 7260 and it is not available in the United States. There is speculation about whether it can be activated on a Sprint PCS network. Some people have played with the phone and found it to not be very good, while others appreciate its unique features such as a built-in clothing and shoe size converter. Overall, opinions are mixed about the design and functionality of the phone.
aychamo
Hey guys

For those who have seen HHGG, that sweet white Nokia cellphone that Arthur Dent has, does it exist? If so, does anyone know the model #?

Thank you
Aychamo

Physics news on Phys.org
Isn't it a 7260?

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,62353,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there!

Great call, that sure is it! Looks like it isn't available in the states! I wonder if I got one out of the states if I could have it activated on sprint PCS? That thing is a beauty.

I was playing with one the other day, it's not very good...

brewnog said:
I was playing with one the other day, it's not very good...

C'mon, how can you go wrong with a phone that has a built-in clothing and shoe size convertor?

what the crap

unless this phone opens up like a 9000 model to reveal a terminal with built-in internet, wifi, bluetooth and a gps, this is one fugly phone

Related to Cell Phone in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

1. What is the significance of the Cell Phone in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

The Cell Phone in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a highly advanced device that serves as a multi-functional tool for intergalactic travel. It allows the characters to communicate with each other, access important information, and even teleport to different locations.

2. How does the Cell Phone work in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

The Cell Phone in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy uses a technology called sub-etha, which allows it to transmit and receive information across vast distances. It also has a powerful artificial intelligence, known as the Guide, that can answer any question and assist the user in their travels.

3. Can the Cell Phone be used to contact other planets or species?

Yes, the Cell Phone in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has the ability to communicate with other planets and species through its sub-etha technology. However, the user must know the appropriate frequency and code to make contact.

4. Is the Cell Phone in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy available for purchase?

No, unfortunately the Cell Phone in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a fictional device and not available for purchase. However, there are many real-life cell phones that are inspired by this iconic device, such as smartphones with voice assistants and advanced communication features.

5. Are there any limitations to the Cell Phone's capabilities?

As advanced as the Cell Phone in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy may be, it does have its limitations. For example, it cannot travel through time or bring someone back from the dead. It also requires a strong sub-etha signal to function properly, so it may not work in remote or heavily shielded areas.