Cant Edit My Own Post - Physics Forums

• Thread starter tamaghnahazra
  • Start date
In summary, there could be a few reasons why you are unable to edit your own post on Physics Forums, such as the post being locked, a time limit for editing has passed, or a technical issue. However, you can request for your post to be unlocked by reaching out to a moderator or administrator. In most cases, you can still edit your post even after someone has replied to it, but the reply may still show the original version. The edit history of your post will be visible to other users for transparency and accountability purposes. You can also edit your post on the mobile version of Physics Forums, but the interface may be different from the desktop version.
tamaghnahazra
Hi,

I cannot find the edit button below my own posts on this thread...
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=657190
even though I have successfully edited the same earlier.

Would be great if somebody could throw some light on the matter.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is a time limit for editing posts. I'm not sure what the current setting is, but I'm pretty sure it's less than 24 hours.

okk... thanks...

Related to Cant Edit My Own Post - Physics Forums

1. Why can't I edit my own post on Physics Forums?

There could be a few reasons why you are unable to edit your own post. One possibility is that the post has been locked by a moderator or administrator. This is typically done to prevent further changes or to maintain the integrity of the discussion. Another reason could be that there is a time limit for editing posts, and the time limit has passed. Lastly, it is possible that there is a technical issue with the website that is preventing you from editing your post.

2. Is there a way to request for my post to be unlocked for editing?

Yes, you can reach out to a moderator or administrator on Physics Forums and request for your post to be unlocked. Make sure to provide a valid reason for the request and be respectful in your communication. Keep in mind that the decision to unlock a post is at the discretion of the moderators and administrators.

3. Can I edit my post after someone has replied to it?

In most cases, you can still edit your post even after someone has replied to it. However, the reply may still show the original version of your post. If you want the edited version to be reflected in the reply, you can use the "Quote" function to quote your own post and include the edits.

4. Will my post's edit history be visible to other users?

Yes, the edit history of your post will be visible to other users. This is to maintain transparency and accountability in discussions on Physics Forums. However, if you have any concerns about privacy, you can reach out to a moderator or administrator to discuss potential options.

5. Can I edit my post on the mobile version of Physics Forums?

Yes, you can edit your post on the mobile version of Physics Forums. However, the interface may be slightly different from the desktop version. Make sure to check the options available on the mobile version to access the editing function.