Canada U: I have zero 4U courses complete, but projected atleast 97%

In summary, the individual is currently taking an advanced function intro calc class and expects to receive a 97% grade. They are wondering if they can still register for university in the fall without having any other 4U classes. They clarify that they are not from Ontario and ask about the requirements for the program they are trying to get into. They are informed that most schools accept a mix of university and college preparation courses, as long as they have a total of 6 U or M courses. The individual mentions not having any U courses and asks if they can apply for conditional acceptance based on their grades in their current 4U math class. They are advised to contact the university for more information and wished luck.
viet_jon
I'm taking advanced function intro calc class right now, and I'm going to get atleast a 97%.

I have no other 4U classes...can I still register for university this fall?

or do I need to complete all six first?

Physics news on Phys.org
Note: Don't assume that everyone is from Ontario, people outside Ontario will have no idea what a "4U" course is.

What program are you trying to get into?

Most schools are okay with 4M (the mixed university / college preparation) courses, as long as you've got enough of those to make six you should be fine.

Yeah. As long as you have 6 U or M courses total, you would be eligible to apply for university. It is just that, most of the those program will probably require U courses unless you are going into arts or something.

I have no U courses at all. Back when I was in high school, we had OAC...but I never took those.I will have completed 1 4U math in two weeks. I was wondering since I am doing very well in it, if I can still apply on a conditional acceptance, that I finish the remaining 5 with a high average, before september.

That you probably have to contact the university for the detail.
Wish you luck =)

Related to Canada U: I have zero 4U courses complete, but projected atleast 97%

1. What is "Canada U"?

"Canada U" is a hypothetical university or college in Canada. It does not represent any specific institution, but rather serves as a general example for the purpose of answering these questions.

2. What does "zero 4U courses complete" mean?

"Zero 4U courses complete" means that you have not completed any 4U level courses. In Canada, 4U courses are typically the highest level of high school courses and are required for admission to most universities and colleges.

3. How is a projected 97% calculated?

A projected 97% is calculated by taking into account your current grades and assignments in your 4U level courses and estimating what your final grade will be based on your performance so far. This is not a guaranteed grade, but rather an estimation based on your progress.

4. Will having no 4U courses completed affect my admission to "Canada U"?

It depends on the specific requirements of the institution. Some universities and colleges may require a certain number of 4U courses to be completed for admission, while others may have alternative requirements or pathways for students without 4U courses. It is important to research the specific admission requirements of the institution you are interested in.

5. Is a projected 97% a good grade for admission to "Canada U"?

Again, this may vary depending on the institution. A 97% is generally considered a high grade and would likely be competitive for admission to most universities and colleges in Canada. However, it is important to keep in mind that admission decisions also take into account other factors such as extracurricular activities, personal statements, and letters of recommendation.