Can someone explain this phenomena?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of two charges colliding when moving at near light speed. It is mentioned that the Coulomb force may be responsible for blocking the charges from colliding. It is also considered whether two observers can see the same event differently, and it is concluded that they will agree on the occurrence of a collision but may disagree on the time and coordinates of the event. The conversation also touches on the effects of magnetic fields and gravitational forces on the movement of charges.
arda
Can someone explain? When two charge moving as fast as possible , what force is acting on for blocking to collide.I mean if you think you are not moving and you are looking 2 charge which are moving as fast as to near light speed, they must collide each other if charge is not increasing according to relativity.But if you moving with charges they must move away to each other.Which force is acting for blocking to charges collide? or is it possible to can 2 observer see same event differently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
arda said:
Can someone explain?When two charge moving as fast as possible , what force is acting on for blocking to collide.
Are you talking about charges of the same sign?
arda said:
I mean if you think you are not moving and you are looking 2 charge which are moving as fast as to near light speed, they must collide each other if charge is not increasing according to relativity.
Why must they collide? Why can they not go about their way without interacting?
arda said:
But if you moving with charges they must move away to each other.
Why?
arda said:
Which force is acting for blocking to charges collide?
Probably the Coulomb force if the charges have the same sign.
arda said:
or is it possible to can 2 observer see same event differently?
If the charges collide, all observers will agree that there has been a collision. They will disagree about the time and coordinates of the collision.

kuruman said:
Are you talking about charges of the same sign?
yes they are same
kuruman said:
Why must they collide? Why can they not go about their way without interacting?
because of charges will create magnetic field as i derived formula and they will have much mass when they are moving as fast as near light's speed
kuruman said:
Why?
coulumb's force says that same charge push themselves and if you looking at the charge when you the same speed you must see they are not moving so there is no magnetic or gravitational forces.
kuruman said:
Probably the Coulomb force if the charges have the same sign
absolutely
kuruman said:
If the charges collide, all observers will agree that there has been a collision. They will disagree about the time and coordinates of the collision.
actually this is what i want to learn.how is it possible 2 observer can see same event differently without time

arda said:
actually this is what i want to learn.how is it possible 2 observer can see same event differently without time
i want to say differently this because of the forces they will disagree each other to there is any colliding exists or not

arda said:
i want to say differently this because of the forces they will disagree each other to there is any colliding exists or not
No. They will not disagree on that. You can just use the Lienard Wiechert potential in any frame to calculate the result and it will be the same

Likes arda

Related to Can someone explain this phenomena?

1. What is a phenomena?

A phenomena is an observable event or occurrence that can be studied and analyzed by scientists.

2. How do scientists explain a phenomena?

Scientists use the scientific method, which involves making observations, forming hypotheses, conducting experiments, and analyzing data to explain a phenomena.

3. Can a phenomena be explained by more than one theory?

Yes, it is possible for a phenomena to be explained by multiple theories. This is because different theories may offer different explanations or perspectives on a phenomena.

4. Are there any unexplainable phenomena?

There are currently some phenomena that scientists have not been able to fully explain, such as dark matter and dark energy. However, continued research and advancements in technology may lead to a better understanding of these phenomena in the future.

5. Why is it important to understand a phenomena?

Understanding a phenomena allows scientists to make predictions and develop theories that can be applied to similar situations. It also helps us gain a deeper understanding of the world around us and can lead to advancements in various fields of study.