Unidentified Luminescent Phenomena (ULP)

In summary, a person had an experience with a strange white flash in a dark room. They believe it was an event that occurred in real life, and was observed by two separate people.
ZackMI6
TL;DR Summary
A sudden bright flash of light that lasts about 1 second. Light source is unidentified and seemingly appears in the middle of the air and disappears in the middle of the air. Sound sometimes accompanies the flash, and sometimes does not. This strange phenomena is extremely difficult to document as it happens at entirely random times and places.
My personal experience with ULP;
Experience happened on December 31st, 2021 at approximately 1400 hours or 2:00PM. I am going to keep my name and identity undisclosed because this is still the internet. I live Arizona and it was a mildly rainy day. My friend and I had been doing some hiking and we get back to my house. We go out to the back patio to enjoy some water and cool off. I am standing just on the other side of the back door with the back door open. I am facing my friend who is outside standing facing me. To be clear, I am looking outside through the open back door and my friend is looking inside at me. We are casually talking when I see in my peripheral vison a very bright light. I see it in my peripheral vision for about 0.5 seconds and then turn around and manage to see the full "flash" or "orb" of light for about another 0.5 seconds. I call it a flash because it was accompanied by a flash the sound an old 1940s camera where you would have the take the bulb out of the camera and replace it with a fresh one after you take the picture. My friend standing looking inside at me had seen it as well and was totally baffled. My friend is a very skeptical person when it comes to anything he knows is controversial or strange. He went to instantly trying to find the origin of the strange flash but was left dumbfounded when he could not explain it. The flash happened about 4 feet behind me from where I was standing. Like I stated earlier, my back was turned when it happened and I saw the light out of the corner of my eye; hence I turned around and saw it. The flash was about 8 feet in diameter. The flash happened in my living room, but more close to the back door. We were looking around in the living room and attempted to replicate the strange event multiple times without any success.

I can disprove that is was not the vitreous pulling away from the retina as the light casted shadows and was observed by my friend at the same time. I know it was not the vitreous pulling away from the retina on his part either because he told me my body was blocking part of the flash that he saw, and could distinguish that the light came from behind me, and not something only seen in his vision. He heard the sound that a "camera flash" would make as well, but not as loud as he was about 10 feet from the flash. We believe that the flash was an event that took place in reality and was observed at the same time by two separate people from different perspectives. My experience is different from lots of other people's experiences because it took place in the middle of the day with sunlight and it was observed by two people from different perspectives.

I don't even know where to start in trying to understand what this might have been, how, and why? The event happened without warning or without any apparent cause or reason.

Does anybody know what this is?

Old forum with more stories & info-
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/strange-white-flash-in-a-dark-room-ii.451850/

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What are Unidentified Luminescent Phenomena (ULP)?

Unidentified Luminescent Phenomena (ULP) are any type of light or glow in the sky that cannot be explained by known natural or man-made sources. These phenomena are often referred to as UFOs or unidentified flying objects.

2. What causes ULP?

The cause of ULP is still unknown and is a subject of much debate and speculation. Some theories suggest that ULP could be caused by natural phenomena such as lightning, meteors, or atmospheric anomalies. Others believe that ULP could be the result of advanced technology or extraterrestrial beings.

3. How are ULP studied and researched?

ULP are studied and researched through various means such as eyewitness accounts, photographs and videos, radar data, and scientific experiments. Scientists also use specialized equipment such as telescopes, spectrometers, and other instruments to gather data and analyze the characteristics of ULP.

4. Have there been any significant sightings of ULP?

Yes, there have been many significant sightings of ULP throughout history, with some being more well-documented and studied than others. Some notable sightings include the Phoenix Lights incident in 1997, the Rendlesham Forest incident in 1980, and the Battle of Los Angeles in 1942.

5. Are there any potential dangers associated with ULP?

There is currently no evidence to suggest that ULP pose any direct danger to humans. However, some researchers suggest that ULP could potentially interfere with electronic equipment or cause psychological effects in individuals who witness them. Further research is needed to fully understand the potential dangers of ULP.