Can a Self-Taught Programmer Create a Game Engine?

• Thread starter daniel-mf
  • Start date
In summary, building a physics simulator requires a programmer to have a deep understanding of physics principles and strong coding skills. The process involves designing algorithms, creating realistic simulations, and continuously testing and refining the code. It also requires knowledge of various programming languages and tools, and the ability to troubleshoot and debug complex problems. A successful physics simulator can be used for a variety of purposes, from educational simulations to advanced research and development in the fields of engineering and robotics.
daniel-mf
Hello, my name is Daniel, I'm from Brazil and I've never really took any physics class, but thanks to the internet and my curiosity I started loving physics. As a programmer, I've always been writing some kind of physics simulator just to play with. Recently I'm working on a new open source project I created to play and practice physics. I'm willing to maybe build some kind of game engine out of it, but for that I need a lot of help.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys!

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!
We will be more than happy to help you.

Likes daniel-mf
daniel-mf said:
Hello, my name is Daniel, I'm from Brazil and I've never really took any physics class,

hi you Daniel,

welcome to PF

I am sure you will find many things of interest her for you to learn about :smile:Dave

Likes daniel-mf